What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking cutting before dormancy

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
can you take cutting of temperate plants like d. filifomis just before the first frost of the year? can i basically rip off all the leaves away from the hibernacula or is that a bad idea?

Hokey Smokes, Bullwinkle!! That trick never works!!!!!!!

really? made sense in my head lol.

Mine too, but it never ever worked. Makes sense to everyone but the plant!!!!

I'm pretty sure vft guy in SJ has done this, at least once.... But I think more....

Lies, Andrew!!!! Am I gonna have to laugh in your general direction??

I just have mine in a bog,some leaves touch the dirt(peat,sand) and just start sprouting.I'll have a bunch come spring!

Jerry

Yup, laugh at me... I just spoke with him, this was mid summer... not right before dormancy. laugh away. :-|

Yeah but Im gonna try with some that are set for dormancy right now.. No worries Andrew Ill save face for ya... lol

Cheers
Steve

No worries Steve. You know it is going to work. Bugs probably failed because he left the cuttings in a "dormancy" setting.... hehehe

Well we will see in a few weeks.. wish me luck
biggrin.gif

Steve

Uh, oh! I better cast a spell on this right away. Beware, Steve! The EVIL EYE is searching your filiformis out!!!! Andrew, I am still laughing. But remember, He who laughs last, laughs best. Be ready to yuk it up!!!

A POX upon your attempt! Hope it works, but with the evil eye, it can go either way. LOL!

Here is a photo journal of my cutting..  

bog1.JPG

hiber3.JPG

As you can see, its clearly forming hibernacula..

cutsize.JPG

In 2 or 3 weeks I will either have a jar of sprouts or a jar of black leaf parts...   which will it be???  hmmmmmm.......

I see black leaf parts in your future. (Short lifeline too!)

Wow bug! You do it all!! Fortune teller also?!!! (
smile_n_32.gif
)

WOW! I'd be blessed if I had just one tallent!
confused.gif

You do, Andrew!! Your ability to grow CP!!! TALENT!! WE HAVE TALENT HERE!!!!!!

.....have you seen my "collection"?
smile_h_32.gif
lol

Andrew!! Collection size has nothing to do with the ability of the grower. So there!!!

Back