Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which plant would you take?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all the recent news on disasters, it came to my attention how tenuous our comfortable living can be.

Granted that in difficult times the safety of ourselves and loved-ones is paramount, I think many of us would nonetheless be affected by the loss of our plants, which are often regarded as "pets" and are the objects of great amounts of our time and energy.

I saw a report on CNN today in which a man affected by hurricane Rita stated "well, my family and I are ok. A tree came down on my garage and parts of my roof are gone, but overall, things are ok. I'm just thrilled my plants made it." I thought to myself: wow, a similar train of thought would be running through my mind given a similar situation.

This begs the question: given that most of us don't have the resources to quickly relocate our entire collection, which plant would you take if you had only room for one? Would it be a CP?

I would have to take my N.gracilis. It's certainly not the costliest, rarest or most showy of my CPs, but it was the first I acquired and so it means a great deal to me. I'd have no problem leaving my cacti behind.....many are so tough, they could probably survive WW3!
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a easy question to answer. All of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i would take my Nx manny herrera, 50 pound pot [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Mens Et Manus

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the plants would be the last thing on my mind. i'd have to get my butt and my dog out before i worry about my plants.

but, if we were evacuating a couple of days before a hurricane hit, i'd take everything and the kitchen sink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's what I meant, JLAP.....you only have room for one. so the rest of your car would probably be filled by the rest of your possessions, including your dog and, of course, your butt. hehe.

ozzy....i knew someone would say that. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh i see... that's like asking me to choose just one of my children! not that i have kids.. but if i did.. i'd probably choose my .... WHY IS LIFE SO HARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]not that i have kids.. but if i did.. i'd probably choose my .... WHY IS LIFE SO HARD!
    I know, I know... it'd be a tough choice. CPs are beautiful and silent! You certainly wouldn't be hearing the constant drone of "are we there yet" as you drive to safety with your CP buckled in the back seat!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]oh i see... that's like asking me to choose just one of my children!
    Quote[/b] ]CPs are beautiful and silent!
    Well, I guess those out of context quotes answer it: throw out one of the kids, the plants are much nicer looking and much more quiet.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast