What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey guys, well I was at the Denver Flower Show last spring with jeremaih selling plants right. I decide to go look around at the booths, there were some nice displays, some cool ideas, but when I was getting back to our booth something caught my eye, It was a booth with a few stands, like countertops with plants growing on top of them, I check it out, turns out they were aeroponic units, or units with plants growing in to air, I ask the guy about it and he says that all he had to do was make a misting system with nutrient water, and mist the plants roots with it. I thought it would be cool to try it out with cps since they dont generally like nutrients, so I introduce him to Jeremiah, my mom starts talking with him about selling some of his units on ebay (and maybe getting one for us
smile_m_32.gif
) anyways, a few days ago I get an e-mail from mom "FWD: Pictures For Kirk" anyways I check it out, I see photos of a rooted Nepenthes Cutting Jeremiah sent him rooting andgrowing on aeroponics! I couldn't believe it worked! anyways we havent tried Sarracenia or anything else on it, but if it works it could be a cool new way to grow some serious cps. I will post pics ASAP.
his website is:
http://thinairgrowingsystems.com

areoponics, i have only heard hydroponics, the method of growing plants in air isn't clear could you clearafy my confusion
confused.gif

the plants roots are hanging in air but they are being sprayed with a nutirient solution. yah want to know something really funny? that technique was perfected by marijuana growers
smile_n_32.gif

i have one problem with it. it leaves no room for screw ups. a plugged water line. extended power failure ect means dead plants, makes it hard to justify going on vacation and leaving the plants for a few days. its a very cool set up and can produce outstanding plants but for a newbie its a risk for rare plants. ive been thinking about trying it with nepenthes but like i said lots of risks and i dont have much room to mess with it.

a gud grasiliz wud bi perfict i hav tu tri zis, go to the "changes in the enlish language ", in a few years europeans will write like this
confused.gif

i have rooted n. ventrata in plain water. no additives or fertilizers of any sort. some cps, simply, will root in water. am i ready to try it on my bical or raff? nope. but would try it on a few vft pullings though. i guess my point is that, as i understand it, the reason cp's are carnivorous is because they have evolved to grow in nutrient poor soils, and as such, their root systems so not take many nutrients from the soil. does this mean you shouldn't even try experimenting? no way! try it! you might make the cp breakthrough of the century!

peace,
tech...

well, you don't have to put the nutrients in the water.

Back