Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whopee!

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it may be an extreme winter in some places. I take it you must not drive much Finch, as the ice and snow so early would be dicouraging to most commuters [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anticyclonic gloom in Britain at the moment! No wind, dark stratus clouds 24/7. It's been like this for a week now. Warmish days (60F) and mild nights though.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have perfect fall weather lately. Warm days (70's) and cool nights (40's)...Though yesterday it was oddly warm...even through the night...only got down to 65 or so. That's unusually warm for an Oct. night.

TS Tammy is getting us with fringe storm right now, and I think she's destined to dump on us this weekend. That's ok, though, as I'll be in the greenhouse a the NECPS show the whole time!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frost?? Already?? Wow...

Well it has been very warm and extremely HUMID here. Today Tammy's remnants are moving in and we are FINALLY getting rain. After 6+ rainless weeks we need it desperately. I hate to see a rainy weekend but will bear it with good grace since we need it. Hopefully this will fill my rain barrel as its supposed to rain for the next 4 days.

Prior to this warm spell we were having warm days and chilly nites and mornings. Pretty nice weather aside from the dryness.

So now its stormy looking clouds and periodic downpours.

Bring it on! Fill my buckets! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol good for you. are you in drought too? We hadnt had rain for a few months but this falls been pretty wet for us. saved the trees.

Ok the good news is it didnt snow. the bad news is everything not brought in is mush.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're getting the same tropical air as PAK and it's an awful 72F at 9:30 pm. That's so wrong for October. We haven't been below the upper 30s yet and my more cold-hardy Neps have only been indoors one night.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm right there with you Finch.....just north of you with pretty chilly weather as well. I hope the snow doesn't stay too long.
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't know what happened to Tammy's remnants...although it rained good Friday nite...it drizzled a little yesterday and today dawned sunny. I am grateful for the rain we did get. The Sarracenia now have full tubs and the rain barrel is 3/4 full...but I was really hoping for more. It was supposed to rain until Monday or Tuesday.

Its still terribly HUMID but this morning was very cool.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast