What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whopee!

Finch

Whats it to ya?
Yeseree bob its forcasted to get down to 23 tonight, turning the garden plants to mush. This will also blast the trees and casue them wto drop without color on some. Its snowing farther west and might snow tonight. Yeseree i love fall. I do i love it. seriousy.. if i keep saying that perhaps i will.

So, hows the Weather in YOUR neck of the woods?
smile_r_32.gif

Fall? 23 degrees and snow? That's winter not fall.

Wel here we are dealing with Tropical Storm Tammy. It's been raining for two days and it is suppose to rain for two more. There is already heavy flooding.

Things are pretty bloody hot right now! Nights have been getting chillier, though. Never snows here (though I could SWEAR that once I saw a snowflake) and we're having what people like to call an "Indian Summer." Daylight is getting shorter and fast! Oh, and keep in mind that things like "chillier" and "pretty bloody hot" are relative, considering I live so close to the ocean things are moderate compared to other places out there.
biggrin.gif

Oh, no wonder, you live in SD, Its supposed to get to 29 here tonight, been freezing the last couple nights, but its supposed to egt warmer soon

It's starting to cool down... lows are ~70 and highs are ~ 95...

That's how it was here Andrew until TS Tammy came to visit.

right now it's 55 here. the high today was 64. this weather is tolerable but when it starts to freeze i hate it! being born and raised in south tx i love the hot/warm weather. snow, what's that? i don't think i've ever seen real snow. just ice and sleet, yuck!

40's through 60's up here on the Puget Sound in Washington. Lots of fog and rain, although most of the leaves have yet to turn. I love the fall - I like to listen to the rain in the trees and have fires in my fireplace every night. And I like not having to carry two or three gallons of RO water eight blocks uphill from the store for my outdoor plants every other day.
~Joe

I think it may be an extreme winter in some places. I take it you must not drive much Finch, as the ice and snow so early would be dicouraging to most commuters
smile.gif

Anticyclonic gloom in Britain at the moment! No wind, dark stratus clouds 24/7. It's been like this for a week now. Warmish days (60F) and mild nights though.

We have perfect fall weather lately. Warm days (70's) and cool nights (40's)...Though yesterday it was oddly warm...even through the night...only got down to 65 or so. That's unusually warm for an Oct. night.

TS Tammy is getting us with fringe storm right now, and I think she's destined to dump on us this weekend. That's ok, though, as I'll be in the greenhouse a the NECPS show the whole time!

Frost?? Already?? Wow...

Well it has been very warm and extremely HUMID here. Today Tammy's remnants are moving in and we are FINALLY getting rain. After 6+ rainless weeks we need it desperately. I hate to see a rainy weekend but will bear it with good grace since we need it. Hopefully this will fill my rain barrel as its supposed to rain for the next 4 days.

Prior to this warm spell we were having warm days and chilly nites and mornings. Pretty nice weather aside from the dryness.

So now its stormy looking clouds and periodic downpours.

Bring it on! Fill my buckets!
smile.gif

lol good for you. are you in drought too? We hadnt had rain for a few months but this falls been pretty wet for us. saved the trees.

Ok the good news is it didnt snow. the bad news is everything not brought in is mush.

We're getting the same tropical air as PAK and it's an awful 72F at 9:30 pm. That's so wrong for October. We haven't been below the upper 30s yet and my more cold-hardy Neps have only been indoors one night.

I'm right there with you Finch.....just north of you with pretty chilly weather as well. I hope the snow doesn't stay too long.

Well I don't know what happened to Tammy's remnants...although it rained good Friday nite...it drizzled a little yesterday and today dawned sunny. I am grateful for the rain we did get. The Sarracenia now have full tubs and the rain barrel is 3/4 full...but I was really hoping for more. It was supposed to rain until Monday or Tuesday.

Its still terribly HUMID but this morning was very cool.

I think I have your water PAK.  I filled over 200 gallons and probably could have filled twice that much.  But imagine the irony of all this water at the END of the growing season!  
confused.gif

Cool and Clear in beautiful Chicagoland, home of the champion of something White Sox. I think we may have had a touch of frost the other night because the uppermost tips of my Baptisia Australis have turned black.

Also, I flagged the areas in my front yard where the garden spiders were, and there's no sign of the dang things. Their webs are still there, though. So maybe they got killed by frost. Not a moment too soon for me.

Back