What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And then there was 4...........

.......chinchillas. Chimi and Changa have had another lil baby. Tequila has a lil brother/sister. we have some pics but i forgot the link cable at work. cute lil guy, not the least bit afraid of me and Darla.

cool.
smile.gif

Congratz! I hope we get some pictures.
~Joe

Awesome, I look forward to those pictures. Congrats!
smile.gif

here he/she is at a lil less than 36 hours old

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

Wow 1) its cute 2) Its BIG. I would never have known that it was that young. They must be born pretty mature-looking.

Very cute though! Do chinchillas normally have such small litters?

What are you going to name him/her? Marguarita? Burrito?
laugh.gif

IIRC they can have anywhere from 1-6 in a litter, 1 or 2 is the normal size though. yep they are quite fully formed when they are first born. it was born Friday night and on Saturday around noon when we found it, it was scurrying round after mom on the bottom of the cage. in another few days i will be climbing up the side of the cage to be up with mom and the rest on their perch. the pics were taken on Sunday around noon.

Darla says we are going to name it Jose(i cant get it to do the lil squiggly mark above the "e")

ill have to get a pic of Jose and Changa(daddy) side by side. Jose wont look nearly so big. and its not really cause Changa is fat, he is just one fluffy chinchilla. makes my sisters chin look like a dwarf

I'm so jealous! I remember when my youngest was that big. It almost makes me wish that my chins could concieve, but one's neutered and the other is too small for breeding. I definitely don't have time for a whole other pair to breed, but a baby would be so much fun!
~Joe

Yeeeee.....so sweeet! Pass a
smile_r_32.gif
to the little fella for me, please.

Reminds me of my cousin's chinchilla...she died in childbirth.
smile_h_32.gif

He/she is a real cutie.
Not to question your choice of names but with "Chimi" and "Changa" and "Tequila", wouldn't Quervo been a little more appropriate?
biggrin.gif

José is really cute. Started to call my daughter in here to show her but decided not to. She'd want one!
laugh.gif

lol, yeah ive had lots off ppl wanting to take any extras off my hands. they arent a pet for everyone though. very few of them like to sit a cuddle

Back