Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Necps show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The show was simply WONDERFUL!

We had many many plants. We had many many great members and visitors attend. We had lots of food. We had a GREAT silent auction at which I won a Roridula gorgonias--I think it was a sibling of the plant Bill won...hehe.

We had people from different states and countries. We picked up many new members. We had live feedings of VFTs projected over intercom and real-time video. We had a great presentation on how to successfully grow CPs given by WildBill. We had an AWESOME time eating out after the first day, with over 20 members getting together for food/drink.

We had it all. We had a great, terrific, exciting time.

And we will have an even BETTER time next year. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wildbill... hmm, thanx But i think you forgot im only fourteen, you know how mothers can be especialy with a carpooll of grown men/women, my mom thinks you all are a team of middle eastern kidnapers who capture children [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] for the organ "donant" indestry or a bunch of evil rapers looking for fresh meat ...and tv is supose to corupt the minds of children. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] my dad was going to drive me (after telling him 5 months in advance) there but when we saw the conditions, it was too rainy. Its supose to rain for the entire week,
    OK, Flood in NY and hail/snow in a desert state, colorado, what a year! I will atend next year though.
    Mens Et Manus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe there's other people from Long Island you could go with?
    (might be more fun too).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, whose macrophylla is that, anyway? I thought that between Bill and I we'd lost the two in the NECPS. Unless Dave had one that i forgot about. That's probably it. Dave's sneaky that way.

If you send me a CD of your photos Schloaty, i'll post them and use some for my show writeup. I didn't take very many this year myself. Same goes for anyone else who was there--send me your pics!

It sounds like i missed out on Sunday, but i did nab that HUGE rajah on the auction table on Saturday. Sweet! This one is almost big enough to EAT the raccoons that took down its dearly departed brother.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah, you nabbed it from ME!!

That's Dave Sackett's awesome macrophylla, I think his wife Michelle got it for him a few years ago from Tony P. as a Christmas present.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see...I got a nice S. rubra from our great vendor sponsor. From the silent auction on Sunday I got a huge truncata and a nice-sized S. minor (with a bursting seed pod), I think these both were from Matt. Oh yeah, I got some aldrovanda from Matt also. I also got some great tips from Jeff "the cephmaster". Overall, it was a great show for me, despite the rain. And it seems like wit the planning we've go going on now, it'll be even better next year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (StifflerMichael @ Oct. 12 2005,9:02)]I got a huge truncata and a nice-sized S. minor (with a bursting seed pod), I think these both were from Matt.
    There were four large N. truncatas in total donated by Ken and Leslie on Sunday. They really helped boost the society funds.

However, Matt donated the highest quantity and highest overall dollar value of plants for the society table. We would not have had such record-breaking sales without his plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There were four large N. truncatas in total donated by Ken and Leslie on Sunday.
    Durn it, i knew i was going to miss something cool on Sunday!

The macrophylla is looking great, Dave. I think i keep forgetting about it because of that monster singalana you have that steals the show.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast