User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmmmmmmmmmm the mob stil is in nevada?

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legalize marijuana?
    You have to be joking

In the city where I live(Bristol) there is a charity that helps homeless people on the streets. A lady from their came to talk to us about what it does. She said many of the homeless people in this city end up on the streets because of drugs, almost always marijuana.
    She said when they come to her they are virtually days away from dying, and they have sometiems been in prison beforehand for stealing(to fund their habit) and using drugs.
    I didnt know it was actually this bad, I always thought minority of homeless were on the streets because their family diwowned them. I was very wrong.
    So legalizing marijuana would be like putting a million or two more million people in Britain on the streets. The law needs ot toughen up on it, not relax it!
    As for those who think it wont do any harm if its used in large amounts longterm, think again. If used in longterm and in large amounts it has effects worse then smoking, plus other nasty things like hallucination.

However, I think marijuana should be a prescription drug to treat thigns like athritis, where its been proven to help. Use of it other then this purpose should result in a prison sentence.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dino,
    Prohibitions against marijuana have been horrible failures. The money spent on interdiction, prosecution (and defense), policing, and incarcerating pot users is incredible, and all it does is destroy the lives of those convicted. This money should be going to schools, to libraries, and other things cities desperately need. More prisoners is NOT on that list.

While no drugs are healthy, marijuana is far less dangerous than even alcohol. Whoever told you homeless people get that way via marijuana is simply mistaken. The notion that they are days from death from pot is simply laughable. Pot does not kill people. By far the larger factor in homelessness is alcohol use, and that is followed by harder drugs like methamphetimines and crack. All of those are more physically injurious and far more addictive than marijuana. (mental illness is another huge factor in homelessness.)

Here in California, millions of people use marijuana - many of them legally with doctor's prescriptions. They hold jobs and have normal lives. In my industry, use is so widespread that it doesn't even raise eyebrows.

Putting people in prison accomplishes nothing. The USA has more people in prison, per capita, than any other industrialized democracy. It's a national disgrace. And most of them are non-violent drug offenders. It doesn't help to imprison these people. All it does is make them lose their jobs, their homes, and sometimes their families. And that makes them MORE dangerous when they come out. If they weren't criminals on the way in, they certainly are on the way out.

Go to any ghetto in any city. Check out the people lying in the streets. Check out what they're on. It's not pot. It's alcohol and stronger stuff.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dino, do you even understand marijuana at all? there is no habit to support unless you want to. it is 100% non addictive. caffine is addictive, nicotine is highly addictive, crack is highly addictive, meth is EXTREAMLY addictive. you can smoke an ounce a day of marijuana for 4 years and stop at anypoint and suffer no ill effects. you can smoke marijuana before going to sleep, be so stoned you can barly move, get up the next morning and not be the least bit high, can you say this of alcohol?

yes i do firmly believe in the legalization of marijuana even though i havent touched it myself in over 4 years. it works well for all sorts of medical disorders with less side effects than any drug currently on the market. i also have no problems with ADULTS using it recreationally. what i do in my own home is no ones buisness but mine.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Oct. 13 2005,4:46)]Dino, do you even understand marijuana at all? there is no habit to support unless you want to. it is 100% non addictive. caffine is addictive, nicotine is highly addictive, crack is highly addictive, meth is EXTREAMLY addictive. you can smoke an ounce a day of marijuana for 4 years and stop at anypoint and suffer no ill effects. you can smoke marijuana before going to sleep, be so stoned you can barly move, get up the next morning and not be the least bit high, can you say this of alcohol?

yes i do firmly believe in the legalization of marijuana even though i havent touched it myself in over 4 years. it works well for all sorts of medical disorders with less side effects than any drug currently on the market. i also have no problems with ADULTS using it recreationally. what i do in my own home is no ones buisness but mine.
    actually yes, I do understand it.
    And yes, it is addictive and it has side effects, if it didnt people here wouldnt be on the streets because of it.
    If its legalized more people here will jsut end up on the streets.
    Back home in Bosnia, when people get addicted on marijuana they smash widnows and steal to fund their habit.
    My grandma told me, so did our friends from there, as marijuana addicts tried to break into their home aswell.

Just look at this link:
    http://www.marijuanaaddiction.info/e...-marijuana.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dino,
    I'd say I'm very familiar with at least 100 people who use marijuana regularly, including close friends and family. It's just not true what you're saying. My doctor personally contradicts it. It simply does NOT make you homeless. Is it good for you? No, it's smoke going into your lungs. That's not healthy. But is it physically addictive? No. Is it going to kill you? No, not unless you smoke it like cigarettes, which nobody does (except one guy I know, but he's a freak.)

It's really no different than drinking a beer. Some people might abuse it, but not as often as alcohol is abused. And it's far less likely to provoke violence than alcohol. I've been to reggae festivals with nearly everyone smoking pot. They are peacefull. I've been to baseball games where lots of people drink beer, and seen fight after fight fueled by the alcohol.

While I don't ever want to send a message that could be interpreted as encouraging drugs (I don't encourage drug use of any kind, particularly among minors), I suggest you research this a little further, and not just from anti-drug agenda websites.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Oct. 13 2005,4:58)]Dino,
    I'd say I'm very familiar with at least 100 people who use marijuana regularly, including close friends and family. It's just not true what you're saying. My doctor personally contradicts it. It simply does NOT make you homeless. Is it good for you? No, it's smoke going into your lungs. That's not healthy. But is it physically addictive? No. Is it going to kill you? No, not unless you smoke it like cigarettes, which nobody does (except one guy I know, but he's a freak.)

It's really no different than drinking a beer. Some people might abuse it, but not as often as alcohol is abused. And it's far less likely to provoke violence than alcohol. I've been to reggae festivals with nearly everyone smoking pot. They are peacefull. I've been to baseball games where lots of people drink beer, and seen fight after fight fueled by the alcohol.

While I don't ever want to send a message that could be interpreted as encouraging drugs (I don't encourage drug use of any kind, particularly among minors), I suggest you research this a little further, and not just from anti-drug agenda websites.

Capslock
    Actually, a lot of addicts here smoke it as cigarretes.
    And yes, a lot of people on the streets here are there ebcause of marijuana. They all admit its because of that.
    Hell, anyone who knows about the homeless admits it here.
    I think even the goverment admitted it.

I really dont see how you can say Im wrong.
    If you need evidence just ask the bosnian locals in Mostar.
    They all say the same: marijuana addicts occasionally sprawl the streets looking for a house or someone to rob to fund their habit. After seeing first hand what it turns people into, I will never ever accept legalazation of marijuana and I will never accept people who smoke it regually. Never for as long as I live. Sure, you might accuse me of telling lies now, but its the truth. Like I said, you only need to ask a respectable person from there. We asked my grandma and two of our friends and theya ll said the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, i smoked marijuana for all 4 years of high school. smoked it several years after high school. i quite the day my wife asked me to. cold turkey, never had any withdrawls, that was 4 years ago, no ill effects what so ever. i was an solid B student through highschool. took all the advance classes offed except for the highest english class. i took calculus, human physiology, chemestry, physics ect. graduated with a 3.5 out of 4.0 and had a part time job through all of high school. never had any problems with short term memory. never had any problems with paranoia while i smoked but i prefered the indica variety to the sativa. some sativa clones can cause paranoia, especially the cheap mexican ones.

as to addiction, i am personally familiar with that. when i was 17 i had a knee surgery, the surgeon screwed up and i was in pain for 2 weeks. taking the pain meds perscribed to me in the manor perscribed. after those two weeks i quite taking the pills. those 3 days were some of the worst in my life. makes a bad hangover seem like a lil headache. i cant imagine someone detoxing after years of that kind of drug use.

most of those side effects listed for marijuana are also the same for alcohol, only difference is you can drink enough alcohol to kill you in one sitting, its about impossibal to smoke enough marijuana to kill you in one sitting. infact i dont think it is possibal to smoke enough to do it.

BTW for those taking marijuana for health reasons you do not have to smoke it. you can vaporize it and by pass the harmful effects of smoking, you can eat it and you can take it in pill form. no dangers of lung cancer there.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dino you must be confusing marijuana with some other drug. meth and heroin will do to ppl what you are describing as will alcohol in extream cases. marijuana will not.
    cervid serial killer

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast