User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmmmmmmmmmm the mob stil is in nevada?

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Oct. 13 2005,5:14)]Dino you must be confusing marijuana with some other drug. meth and heroin will do to ppl what you are describing as will alcohol in extream cases. marijuana will not.
    rattler........they have seen marijuana before, they know what it smells like when smoked and they know what it looks like. They wouldnt have said its that if they had no evidence for it.

I agree on the basis that some peopel wotn get addicted, but a fair amount will. Every year there are figuires released here how many people got o classes to help them rid the habit. about 22,00 in 1999

The main thing I find unreal is that people here want it legalized for all purposes. Whta about people that abuse it?
    And whats wrogn with having it as a prescription drug?
    Im aware marijuana helps some people, but more people abuse then then using it for any other use
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    San Francisco has a huge homeless population. It's not hard to get the facts on it, Dino. The problem is OVERWHELMINGLY alcohol, heroin, cocaine, and crystal meth.

I've read a bit about drug trafficking in Bosnia (have you?). The problems there are heroin, alcohol, and harder drugs. Marijuana use is on the rise, too, but there's no indication of it as being a cause for homelessness. There have been hundreds of millions of pot users worldwide. There is plenty of material to study. I suggest you do so, so that you know what's really dangerous, and what is not. I don't suggest you use pot, but it's infinitely preferable to heroin. One gripe I have about our educational systems is they tend to group these things together, but omit the more socially-acceptable alcohol, which is much more dangerous.

Do some reading. Check out crime statistics. Look into the results of different policies. Look into how much money is wasted on pot users. Check out crime stats on who is doing crimes. ASK real homelss shelters what are the main problems that their residents have. This information is not hidden. It will not be given to you by your school or your parents. You have to find out by yourself what the facts are.

Like I said, I live in a part of the world where marijuana use is accepted. It's everywhere, so I don't have to speculate or take someone's word for it. I see it every day. I've never been accosted for money by someone hooked on pot. But it happens every day from alcoholics and crackheads. It's as plain as day. There's enough misinformation out there as is. Please do some research and reading from a lot of different sources. You'll see.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Oct. 13 2005,5:22)]San Francisco has a huge homeless population. It's not hard to get the facts on it, Dino. The problem is OVERWHELMINGLY alcohol, heroin, cocaine, and crystal meth.

I've read a bit about drug trafficking in Bosnia (have you?). The problems there are heroin, alcohol, and harder drugs. Marijuana use is on the rise, too, but there's no indication of it as being a cause for homelessness. There have been hundreds of millions of pot users worldwide. There is plenty of material to study. I suggest you do so, so that you know what's really dangerous, and what is not. I don't suggest you use pot, but it's infinitely preferable to heroin. One gripe I have about our educational systems is they tend to group these things together, but omit the more socially-acceptable alcohol, which is much more dangerous.

Do some reading. Check out crime statistics. Look into the results of different policies. Look into how much money is wasted on pot users. Check out crime stats on who is doing crimes. ASK real homelss shelters what are the main problems that their residents have. This information is not hidden. It will not be given to you by your school or your parents. You have to find out by yourself what the facts are.

Like I said, I live in a part of the world where marijuana use is accepted. It's everywhere, so I don't have to speculate or take someone's word for it. I see it every day. I've never been accosted for money by someone hooked on pot. But it happens every day from alcoholics and crackheads. It's as plain as day. There's enough misinformation out there as is. Please do some research and reading from a lot of different sources. You'll see.

Capslock
    I have done a lot of reading, at least in UK cases, and marijuana pops up as the major reason people get homeless.
    Homeless shelters here say it. I see no reason why they would lie about stuff like that.

About you reading stuff about Bosnia, all I can tell you there is not to belieev what you read.
    People write thats its all improving and stuff. It maybe, but theres still a long way to go and life is much worse then foreigners perceive it. To know what its really like, you have to live there, speak and language and talk tot he locals. Thats what Ive done. I dont live there anymore, but my grandma does. Shes always been straight with me, shes not the type to say something untrue just to stop me getting upset. Last tiem I asked her about the situation in Mostar she said its a bit better but the marijuana and alchohol problem is really getting out of hand and the people struggle, they dont live luxury lives like in the UK and US.
    She said there are no jobs, and that people over 35 cant get a job at all. All these things are sad but true, but foreign articles neevr mention them, esspecially the employment issues.
    She says shes seen marijuana users there and they steal to fund the habit(see above)
    Our friends there have said the same.
    They say they are a couple of other things there, like heroine(which you have mentioned) and they said theres a medium amount of alchohol problems, but all of them say the same fact: marijuana is the major problem.
    This is at least true for Mostar. I dont know about Banja Luka and Sarajevo and Tuzla, but this is the situation in Mostar.

Here schools are different, teachers here also say the effects of alchohol and the harmful effects of alchoholism and such.
    They dotn leave out any harmful or potentially harmful drug.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I agree with Rattler that nothing should be done to that lady until she is tried and found guilty on the charges. Innocent until proven guilty so the law says. So if she is presumed innocent until the conclusion of a trial or a plea bargain, they shouldn't touch her belongings.

Marijuana is not a hallucinogen nor is it physically addictive. Marijuana is not a "stepping stone" to harder drugs. Its usually just easier to obtain than some other drugs so its often someone's first "drug" experience and later someone MIGHT make the choice to try other things. Not everyone who uses hardcore drugs uses marijuana. Many people who use marijuana have never used any other drug. OH...except perhaps alcohol which IS classified as a drug. For some reason, people seem to forget that fact because its a socially accepted and legally sanctioned drug while others are not. Somewhere along the way somebody got to decide that alcohol is an OK drug but not marijuana. I wonder who got to make that decision?

And in fact, marijuana is really just a plant..and a pretty one at that. I wish I could grow it simply as a plant because its very attractive but I can't becasue someone decided it was evil. Some people smoke the marijuana plant the same as some people grow and smoke the tobocco plant. Somebody along in our history discovered certain plants, like tobacco, are enjoyable to smoke. (Smoking anything isn't HEALTHY but people still choose to do it.) I don't consider marijuana a drug just because "somebody" decided it was evil and called it a "drug." Many plants contain chemicals that have various effects on people (some good, some bad) such as nicotine, caffeine, digitalis, capsaicin (hot peppers!), etc.

If my child was determined to use some mood-altering chemical...weed would be the lesser of all evils. In the grand scheme of drug evils...marijuana is about as innocuous as it gets.

And considering the fact that "we" have beening "fighting the war on drugs" for many many decades now...and drugs of all types still pour into this country (as well as manufactured here) largely unchecked...I'd have to pull a Dr. Phil and say "How's that workin' for ya?" Billions of dollars and millions of hours of man-power go into this "war on drugs" and our jails/prisons are bulging with drug offenders, courts are clogged with drug-related trials. Drug lords reap billions of dollars in profits and the street dealers die. So...does that sound like the laws we have are having ANY postive effect on stopping the use of drugs and preventing their manufacture? People need to face the fact that, for better or for worse, many human beings enjoy mood-altering chemicals and that is not going to ever go away. Its been that way from the beginning of homosapiens. Somebody needs to wake up and realize this "war" ain't working! Education and controlled legalization would be a better alternative.

There are definitely many drugs that are very very bad and can ruin one's life. But marijuana ain't one of them. I'm not advocating drug use but its not ever going to go away. Its a fact of the human condition that we seek out ways to alter our moods and consciousness... from the jolt of a morning cup of coffee to a cigarette after a stressful staff meeting to a having a beer with buddies after work.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK, thats the best post ive seen on this thread yet. thanks for your input.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rattler. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Its always boggled my mind that folks can't look at the Prohibition era when alcohol was made illegal and see how well THAT worked. People were setting up secret stills, running moonshine and killing people who discovered where the stills were hidden. People were GOING to have their alcohol, illegal or not! Finally folks realized they couldn't change people's desire for it, so they legalized it again and set some *controls* on it. So we live today with the accepted fact of alcohol in our lives despite the billions of dollars lost to alcohol related accidents and health/family issues every year. No one talks about a "war on alchohol"...

The "war on drugs" isn't making a dent in the industry. So...geez...try a different tactic! Do what we did with alcohol if thats how it must be to have access to it for those who want it. Put the income from sales into drug education/prevention and recovery for those who want it.

It seems like a pretty common-sense idea to me...
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dino,
    Show me one site or source on the entire internet that describes marijuana as a major cause of homelessness (just a major cause, not even the largest one.) That quest should start you onto figuring out what's the true story. What I've read about Bosnia is that the drug problem is less than many countries, but getting worse every day. They cite heroin and cocaine as the major problems.

PAK, wonderful! Well done.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankee, thankee. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Dino...most people who end up "on the street" are there because they sink all their money into drugs. They can't pay for housing, cars for transportation, etc. And that happens when someone NEEDS drugs...has a *PHYSICAL NEED* for drugs. MUST have it to stop withdrawal symptoms which aren't fun. And therefore will spend any money they have for it (instead of paying the rent or mortgage) and who can't hold a job because of their drug use. And that's where the drug crimes come from...robberies and burglaries to obtain money for drugs. That's the really, really BAD stuff!

That's a description of hardcore, ADDICTIVE drugs, of which marijuana is NOT. Marijuana is NOT physically addictive. You MIGHT get psychologically addicted but that's a different issue (you can be psychologically addicted to food or video games). So I don't know where you are getting this information from but its NOT true.

It sounds to me like you are have been sold some pretty heavy propaganda intended to sway you away from using marijuana. I'm not saying you SHOULD use it, but you shouldn't be fed misinformation as a tool of prevention. You should be given the true facts and later, when you are adult, you can make an INFORMED decision to use it or not.

[What was the name of that propaganda film made in the 50s that became kind of a cult film that showed marijuana users as depraved maniacs? People used to watch it for laughs, it was so ridiculously inaccurate and untruthful.]

Like Capslock, I know a ton of people who smoke weed and they are all normal, productive people with jobs, houses, families, kids and all that stuff.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast