What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm the mob stil is in nevada?

PAK, thats the best post ive seen on this thread yet. thanks for your input.

Thanks Rattler.
smile.gif

Its always boggled my mind that folks can't look at the Prohibition era when alcohol was made illegal and see how well THAT worked. People were setting up secret stills, running moonshine and killing people who discovered where the stills were hidden. People were GOING to have their alcohol, illegal or not! Finally folks realized they couldn't change people's desire for it, so they legalized it again and set some *controls* on it. So we live today with the accepted fact of alcohol in our lives despite the billions of dollars lost to alcohol related accidents and health/family issues every year. No one talks about a "war on alchohol"...

The "war on drugs" isn't making a dent in the industry. So...geez...try a different tactic! Do what we did with alcohol if thats how it must be to have access to it for those who want it. Put the income from sales into drug education/prevention and recovery for those who want it.

It seems like a pretty common-sense idea to me...

Dino,
Show me one site or source on the entire internet that describes marijuana as a major cause of homelessness (just a major cause, not even the largest one.) That quest should start you onto figuring out what's the true story. What I've read about Bosnia is that the drug problem is less than many countries, but getting worse every day. They cite heroin and cocaine as the major problems.

PAK, wonderful! Well done.

Capslock

Thankee, thankee.  
biggrin.gif

Dino...most people who end up "on the street" are there because they sink all their money into drugs.  They can't pay for housing, cars for transportation, etc.  And that happens when someone NEEDS drugs...has a *PHYSICAL NEED* for drugs.  MUST have it to stop withdrawal symptoms which aren't fun.  And therefore will spend any money they have for it (instead of paying the rent or mortgage) and who can't hold a job because of their drug use.  And that's where the drug crimes come from...robberies and burglaries to obtain money for drugs.  That's the really, really BAD stuff!

That's a description of hardcore, ADDICTIVE drugs, of which marijuana is NOT.  Marijuana is NOT physically addictive.  You MIGHT get psychologically addicted but that's a different issue (you can be psychologically addicted to food or video games).  So I don't know where you are getting this information from but its NOT true.

It sounds to me like you are have been sold some pretty heavy propaganda intended to sway you away from using marijuana.  I'm not saying you SHOULD use it, but you shouldn't be fed misinformation as a tool of prevention.  You should be given the true facts and later, when you are adult, you can make an INFORMED decision to use it or not.

[What was the name of that propaganda film made in the 50s that became kind of a cult film that showed marijuana users as depraved maniacs?  People used to watch it for laughs, it was so ridiculously inaccurate and untruthful.]

Like Capslock, I know a ton of people who smoke weed and they are all normal, productive people with jobs, houses, families, kids and all that stuff.

PAK, that was Reefer Madness! LOL!
smile_n_32.gif

I'm always hesitant to discuss my views on this here, knowing that there are kids reading, and the last thing I want to do is do anything that would cause them to decide to take drugs. That's the danger of discussing this openly. Hopefully, we've stayed in the boundries, and I think you've done an excellent job of that. Kids have a lot of challenges today, and they don't need drugs to make it even harder.

Kids: STAY IN SCHOOL! DON'T TAKE DRUGS! EAT RIGHT AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! These things are not propaganda. They are correct, helpful, and you'll be happy you followed them!

When you're 18, you'll have the info you need to decide for yourselves how to live your lives, and what policies to vote for. And you'll be responsible for your choices.

Capslock

i agree with that 100% Capslock.

great posts caps, rattler, and pak!

I think marijuana is bad stuff, though nowhere near as bad as the war on drugs.  Most people can handle it, but quite a few people can't.  Just look what it did to Rattler's spelling.  And his politics.  Anyway, back to the topic ...  

I have some friends and relatives with mental illnesses and some of those combine very badly with marijuana.  People like that need to stay far away from it.  It doesn't create mental illness, but someone struggling to stay in control can lose it because of marijuana.  And, when they can't keep it together, they can find themselves on the street.

Other than for that, the major fault of marijuana is that it's the gateway drug to jam bands.  But maybe it isn't the fault of marijuana and instead it's the war on drugs that makes lame suburbanites playing endless songs seem cool.

erowid.com

it will tell you everything you want to know about all drugs including legal plants and then some. it has personal experiance, good bad and hellish, aswell as statistics... like i said everything you could ever want to know.

MJ is less harmful that alcohol is an understatement. it's really the perfect recreational drug if you use it the right way. in no way am i advocating drug use, but i say do what you will.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 13 2005,6:56)]I think marijuana is bad stuff, though nowhere near as bad as the war on drugs. Most people can handle it, but quite a few people can't. Just look what it did to Rattler's spelling. And his politics. Anyway, back to the topic ...
ha.....ha.......ha my spelling has ALWAYS been poor. cant fault anything with that. i just cant spell even as well edumahkated as i am. as to my politics, im guessing you dont know where i stand on issues other than the handful that we have had fun arguing over.

Bruce the same thing can be said with alcohol, most can handle it but there are some who should never be in the same room with a bottle. ive got a brother who is one of them.

I agree about alcohol.  Its effects on individuals and families and society is far more devastating than whatever marijuana does.  But I drink beer and don't use marijuana.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I wish I could grow it simply as a plant because its very attractive but I can't becasue someone decided it was evil

hemp

Finch i do believe you(or maybe its just the state you live in) needs to have a federal exemption to grow hemp.there is a slight difference in looks between industrial hemp and marijuana. marijuana is generally MUCH more compact in its growth. so i guess it comes to personal preferances with what type of plant you like to look at.

Back