User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 88 of 203

Thread: What would happen if

  1. #81
    Lauderdale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,077
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolfstriker, thank you and everyone of your comrades for the sacrafices you made in Iraq.

    You are so correct...without the strong leadership in the White House and the brave men fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq and all over the world...most of the people posting their thoughts on this forum would be blind folded and "up against the wall".

    Freedom of speech carries a very large responsibility. Use that speech wisely and say nothing that will put our people in harms way. Most of the senate Democrats voted FOR the war and now that we are there, all they do is snipe at the way it is being handled. They time to protest was BEFORE they voted.

    As one rather prominent Democrat put it, "I voted for it before I voted against it." What the $@@%$*%&* is that supposed to mean?

    Back on subject, I have no problem with a female president as long as she would ask herself at least once a day, "Is what I am am doing right now for the benefit of the United Sates and its citizens?"

  2. #82
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, a male president should ask the same thing.

  3. #83
    Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    18,768
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clint, ya beat me to it!

  4. #84
    apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    T-ville, Florida
    Posts
    2,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I never said ALL terrorists. Obviously we can't eliminate them all, DUH! But it only takes one to fly an airplane into a building, it only takes one to strap a nuke to their chest, it only takes one to release some kind of chemical agent....
    True, but how do we know it's all in the Middle East? If I was a terrorist I would have enough common sense to go somewhere other than the Middle East, because that's where we are right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I thanked you for giving me the source from where you got your 52% from. You then turn around and slap me stating I shoud know this... If I DID know the statistic I wouldn't have ASKED you that question.
    I told you my source! CNN, Fox, and every other news channel that covered the election.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You were off 1%. IT'S A FACT!
    So I was off by 1%. Excuse the hell out of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]If people want to be gay that is their business, but they shouldn't be asking for marriage.
    And why not? Straight people ask for marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Would it be safe to say that you are ok with gay couples adopting and raising an orphan?
    Yes I am. Maybe then there would be fewer orphans in shelters without homes and adult figures to provide for them as parents for the rest of their lives.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]A.bortion has existed since the age of time, does that mean we should legalize it? No.
    So you're saying you'd rather have women have it done by some random witchdoctor with a coat hanger?

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]What about all those potheads should we legalize marijuana? Should we legalize cocaine? Should we legalize theft and violent act?
    There's a difference there. Drugs, theft and murder are wrong in the first place. As soon as you legalize a.bortion people who want it are just gonna revert back to the old ways of doing it and get themselves killed and it's just gonna become another illegal thing people do, only much more dangerous.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I never said anything about having faith in Christ. I said faith.
    No, you said faith in Christ. "I'm sorry but no one will silence my faith in Christ".

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]If I'm wrong prove me wrong. Don't ask me a question. It's common knowledge those religions believe the bible is the word of God. If you can come up with a source that can backup your argument, then I'll stand corrected.
    I'll say the same for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Ok let me get this straight. You have faith, you believe in Jesus Christ but you will not accept the bible as the word of God?
    No, I believe it may be or it may not be. I will not blindly believe something because other people say to. I need evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Well obviously you didn't get one entitled to "Flytrapgirl" because you are still living with your family.
    I don't give a crap, I would still know if people like us who don't have much money got a tax cut, and I sure as hell know we didn't. And don't even go there with my screenname, I made that up when I was 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You kind of gave yourself away on the last sentence but there really is no reason to go there it is self evident in what you type.
    Really. Tell that to anybody else on this board. They all have known me here much longer than you have and say I sound much more mature than any other person my age they've met. And tell that to my school counselor who has proven I have the IQ of someone three times my age.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Lets not go off on a tangent here, accept that you were wrong.
    As soon as anything proves I am. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong. I'm saying nothing makes you right because neither of us can be proven "right" or "wrong". It's a question of opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Therefore you go off on a tangent again and are wrong again. It does matter because if you can't understand simple concepts on how our gov't works then you shouldn't be claiming something when you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Refer to above reply. And don't even play the "no idea what you're talking about" card.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Read the next sentence I wrote.
    Always.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The insurgents would take over Iraq without our support at this point of time. In the future when they are enough well trained Iraqi soldiers, they will be able to handle it themselves. This isn't the time.
    You do have a point. But I'm unable to agree that it's worth our soldier's lives.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]We didn't have to sign a contract, we went in there and freed them. Now we have to protect them until they are established and can handle it themselves. You honestly believe the Iraqi's setup that Gov't? You mean to tell me they liked living how they were under Saddam. You must be crazy and a crappy believer in Christ. What kind of person who believes in Christ would say, "oh well it is on them"? It doesn't matter really because it was already established that you have faith in a different Jesus Christ.
    Oh, now I'm not only immoral, I'm a crappy believer in Christ because I don't think like you. Why don't you just say it, I'm a b*tch. I've been called worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Stay out of ~= ignore. How else can you prevent a terrorist attack? I can tell you that it is not by leaving them alone in their terrorist cell camps. Once again you have nothing to support your view because there's nothing to support it.
    I can assure you the Middle East ain't the only place there's gonna be terrorists from. So what are we gonna do, attack the rest of the world? That'll surely prevent terrorist attacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]That just proves you are ignorant to what happens here:

    In 1993, the first World Trade Center bombing killed six people.

    In 1998, the bombing of two U.S. embassies in Africa killed 224.

    Both were the work of al-Qaida and bin Laden, who in 1998 declared holy war on America, making him arguably the most wanted man in the world.
    And in this present war, thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens have been killed.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]In 1998, President Clinton announced, “We will use all the means at our disposal to bring those responsible to justice, no matter what or how long it takes.”
    And your problem with that is...?

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]What does some people breaking the law have to do with "condeming us all to hell".
    Why else would people want to outlaw gay marriage and a.bortion? Because they think it's "wrong". So what? Don't do it and you don't have to feel guilty about yourself. Keep your nose out of other people's business.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Secondly how can someone else do something that makes everyone condemned to hell?
    That is exactly my question. This is why I say you shouldn't worry about other people marrying their own gender or getting abortions.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Why do so many people thin a.bortions are wrong? IT IS IMMORAL! YOU ARE KILLING LIFE, A LIVING HUMAN BEING! Put the religion aside, it is still wrong, it's called morals!
    I'm not saying it's "right". I'm not "for medical procedure". You can't be "for" medical procedure. I don't "want" people to have abortions. But I also am not religiously against it like saying it's wrong is gonna get me a free pass to Heaven.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You can never convince someone that it is moral to have a.bortions.
    I'm not trying to.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Once again how can someone who believes in the Son of God believe in immoral things as a.bortions.
    I don't "believe" in a.bortion any more than I "believe" in sugar. It's there. It exists.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]A BS a.bortion debate? There's no BS here. It is none of my business that someone is taking someone elses life? Well if you happen to be walking the city streets one night and get killed by a hangar I will remember your belief. I will accept and respect that that murderer had something against you and thought it would be best that you were killed. When people start saying how wrong it was for you to be killed I will tell them not to try to force their beliefs on me, and to mind their own business.
    I'm definitely not questioning that.

    Doctors who perform a.bortions do not "have something against" the fetus. What if a.bortion made the difference between the life or death of the woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]So wait your saying that the humanitarian effort to help the people out in New Orleans was soley non-government support? Our Gov't did nothing? You are seriously clueless.
    Our government did not station volunteers for literally 10 hours straight (I know, I did it) with drop boxes to collect donations in front of millions of stores. We, the Titusville Police Explorers post 486, did. Our government did not drive 5 trailer loads and over two tons of donations to storage units for three weeks. The head advisor and the chief of the Titusville Police Explorers did. And our government did not tediously go through each bag, container and box to make sure every single item donated to the victims was good throught many hours and many backaches and then pack them back into those trailers. WE did. Our government did not PERSONALLY drive it all to Biloxi with three full trailers, a full U-Haul truck with a full U-Haul trailer attached to it and a full SUV. The ranking members of the post did. If you ask me, that was a helluva lot more personal, hands-on, voluntary work ONLY BECAUSE WE BELIEVED IN HELPING PEOPLE than our government did.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

  5. #85
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    True, but how do we know it's all in the Middle East? If I was a terrorist I would have enough common sense to go somewhere other than the Middle East, because that's where we are right now.
    Show me where I was arguing the location of all the terrorists? I was arguing why we are combating terrorism, and why it is good to be on the offense. Can we please stick to an argument and support it? So far you haven't been able to do this, instead it goes from apples vs apples to apples vs oranges to oranges vs oranges to oranges vs mangos. Lets stick to one fruit please.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    I told you my source! CNN, Fox, and every other news channel that covered the election.
    Ok let me break down the convo for you. You stated a 52% figure. I asked where you got the figure. You said: Final election poll results 2004. You did not say CNN, etc. I said thanks for the source (as in seriously thank you for showing me where you got that info from). So we can drop this now, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    So I was off by 1%. Excuse the hell out of me.
    Sorry. That was my way of returning the witty remark you made that it is a FACT.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    And why not? Straight people ask for marriage.
    Define the term marriage and there is your answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Yes I am. Maybe then there would be fewer orphans in shelters without homes and adult figures to provide for them as parents for the rest of their lives.
    You think it is healthy for a person to be raised with just two dads or two moms? There are even non-biblical studies that show that it is important to have 1 mom and 1 dad. Not only that but what about issues the kid would face due to his parents homosexuality? Let me ask you this question. It takes a man and a woman to create life right? A man and a man or a woman and a woman can not produce life right? Maybe there is a reason for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    So you're saying you'd rather have women have it done by some random witchdoctor with a coat hanger?
    I said:
    A.bortion has existed since the age of time, does that mean we should legalize it? No.

    Your counter-argument support is that if a.bortion isn't legalized that women will go to random witchdoctors? This is why debating things with you is fruitless, your support is nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    There's a difference there. Drugs, theft and murder are wrong in the first place. As soon as you legalize a.bortion people who want it are just gonna revert back to the old ways of doing it and get themselves killed and it's just gonna become another illegal thing people do, only much more dangerous.
    A weed smoker would argue with you that smoking drugs isn't as bad as an a.bortion. Sure they are smoking an illegal drug that gets them high and damages their body, but they aren't killing an innocent life. A robber would argue with you that stealing a candy bars and t-shirts aren't as bad as an a.bortion. Sure they are robbing a store but they aren't killing an innocent life. A murderer would argue with you that murdering is just as bad as going to an a.bortion clinic. They are both killing an innocent life. I couldn't understand your argument about legalizing a.bortions.

    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Try to follow along here.

    I said:
    My bad I guess I assumed you had faith/relationship with God since you believe there is a God. Usually people who believe in God and read the Bible (which is considered the word of God by Christians and Jews) have faith. Otherwise you wouldn't have a problem with the teachings of the book you are reading. I'm sorry but no one will silence my faith in Christ. Thank you for reassuring me though that I will be fine.

    You said:
    When did I say I didn't have faith in Christ? I do. And I think the Bible is great. It's a great religious book. But nothing proves anything better than prophetic humans wrote it.

    I said:
    I never said anything about having faith in Christ. I said faith.

    You said:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    No, you said faith in Christ. "I'm sorry but no one will silence my faith in Christ".
    I said no one can silence my faith in Christ. That was a direct response to this which you said:

    If you believe it's wrong, then don't do it and shut up and you'll be just fine.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    I'll say the same for you.
    You were claiming that people with Catholic, Jewish and Christian based faith don't believe the Bible is God's word.

    I'll once again challenge you to prove me wrong and form a legit argument. If you can come up with a source that can backup your argument, then I'll stand corrected. Otherwise don't make claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    No, I believe it may be or it may not be. I will not blindly believe something because other people say to. I need evidence.
    You mean you need faith?

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    I don't give a crap, I would still know if people like us who don't have much money got a tax cut, and I sure as hell know we didn't. And don't even go there with my screenname, I made that up when I was 10.
    It's not that you don't give a crap, it's you don't know. Here's a source that shreds all your tax cut nonsense to shreds: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/reports/taxplan.html
    As for your screename...I could careless when you made it up. I obviously don't know your real name, which is why I inserted your ********** name. You shouldn't try to project that your not a child so much, no one is questioning it. I could careless honestly, the reason why I asked was due to an argument that you raised.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Really. Tell that to anybody else on this board. They all have known me here much longer than you have and say I sound much more mature than any other person my age they've met. And tell that to my school counselor who has proven I have the IQ of someone three times my age.
    Maturity is not related to being able to debate issues, purpose valid solutions or state support for your arguments. So therefore their views on how mature they think you are is irrelevant here. You have the IQ of someone 3 times your age? IQ really doesn't mean a thing unless it is below 70. That would mean your mentally retarded. You could have the IQ of 130, which is considered genius and have Savant syndrome. It is arguments like these, and the witty comments that show your true age.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    As soon as anything proves I am. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong. I'm saying nothing makes you right because neither of us can be proven "right" or "wrong". It's a question of opinion.
    I proved that you were wrong. It has nothing to do with opinion. Once again I will show you the previous convos:
    -------------
    Argument 1

    I said:
    What laws has Bush made to advertise religion?

    You said:
    Jesus Day, no mo' gay marriage, no mo' [insert apparently vulgar word that starts with "a" and ends with "bortion"]......

    I said which proves you wrong:
    You're clearly not sure what you're talking about. http://www.jesusday.org/what.php is some info on Jesus Day for you. Can you show me where it says G.W.B. created it? No more gay marriage? That was something that was left to the states to vote on, not G.W.B. medical procedure? Ever hear of Roe vs Wade? It still exists and G.W.B. didn't make or pass any laws that constitutionally banned it.

    Argument 2

    I said:
    Also how does Bush make laws, considering that isn't a power of the executive branch?

    You said:
    But who PROPOSES the laws?

    I said which proves you wrong:
    I don't have the time to give a lesson on the 3 branches of Gov't, but it is the Legislative branch, the senators and representatives that we vote in that make the laws. G.W.B. can propose laws but it is not his duty. He vetos or signs the bill.

    Argument 3

    You said:
    Gay marriage has been mentioned only a few times in the Bible and [insert apparently vulgar word that starts with "a" and ends with "bortion"] never, but helping people has been mentioned hundreds of times. And yet Bush has done everything to stop the first two and nothing towards the third. Go figure.

    I said which proves you wrong:
    Gay marriage is mentioned in the bible?: http://bible.christianity.com/Online...=homosexuality

    There is no listing of gay marriage. However there is a listing of homosexuality:
    http://bible.christianity.com/OnlineS....arriage

    a.bortion is not directly in the Bible but it is a termination of a living, growing human being. I guess it comes down to morals and values, which this culture continually sets lower and lower like a limbo bar.

    Helping people is mentioned. How hasn't Bush helped people? You mean he hasn't helped terrorists who want to kill innocent U.S. citizens? No I don't think he's up for negotiations on that one.
    ------------

    I don't think it is necessary to pull out anything more.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    And don't even play the "no idea what you're talking about" card.
    Do I really need to comment on this? How about you play the "I have an idea what I'm talking about" card and I won't have to chop you down.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Oh, now I'm not only immoral, I'm a crappy believer in Christ because I don't think like you. Why don't you just say it, I'm a b*tch. I've been called worse.
    You called yourself the b-word, not me nor was I suggesting it. What I did suggest is that you don't have a true relationship with Christ.

    I know there are other people out there have a relationship with Christ on this board. I'm not going to list your name and drag you into this but this would be a good time to witness and support your faith.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    I can assure you the Middle East ain't the only place there's gonna be terrorists from. So what are we gonna do, attack the rest of the world? That'll surely prevent terrorist attacks.
    We already covered the topic about where terrorists are located. The argument you were supposed to make was dealing with this:

    How else can you prevent a terrorist attack?

    Which once again you did not support with anything valid.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    And in this present war, thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens have been killed.
    WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? Maybe if I chop you down some more you will actually support your arguments instead of stating some nonsense like this. Once again...

    I said:
    Once again when Clinton was in office he knew about Osama. He knew about Al Qaeda. He left them alone and what happened?

    You said:
    Nothing. Not until Bush was elected.

    I said which proves you wrong:
    That just proves you are ignorant to what happens here:

    In 1993, the first World Trade Center bombing killed six people.

    In 1998, the bombing of two U.S. embassies in Africa killed 224.

    Both were the work of al-Qaida and bin Laden, who in 1998 declared holy war on America, making him arguably the most wanted man in the world.

    In 1998, President Clinton announced, “We will use all the means at our disposal to bring those responsible to justice, no matter what or how long it takes.”

    Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4540958/

    In other words...something happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    I'm not saying it's "right". I'm not "for medical procedure". You can't be "for" medical procedure. I don't "want" people to have abortions. But I also am not religiously against it like saying it's wrong is gonna get me a free pass to Heaven.
    Saying a.bortion is wrong doesn't give you a free pass to heaven. Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    You can never convince someone that it is moral to have a.bortions.
    You are for a.bortion in America. medical procedure = immoral. You are trying to impose immoral values onto our country.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Our government did not station volunteers for literally 10 hours straight (I know, I did it) with drop boxes to collect donations in front of millions of stores. We, the Titusville Police Explorers post 486, did. Our government did not drive 5 trailer loads and over two tons of donations to storage units for three weeks. The head advisor and the chief of the Titusville Police Explorers did. And our government did not tediously go through each bag, container and box to make sure every single item donated to the victims was good throught many hours and many backaches and then pack them back into those trailers. WE did. Our government did not PERSONALLY drive it all to Biloxi with three full trailers, a full U-Haul truck with a full U-Haul trailer attached to it and a full SUV. The ranking members of the post did. If you ask me, that was a helluva lot more personal, hands-on, voluntary work ONLY BECAUSE WE BELIEVED IN HELPING PEOPLE than our government did.
    I applaud your generosity and support. However you were claiming that are gov't did NOTHING to support the Hurricane relief. Therefore I attacked that argument and not the fact other people not associated with the federal gov't helped out the people. Our church also raised over $3,000 in cash, plus food, clothing and other supplies which were delivered all the way from Ohio.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  6. #86
    herenorthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    almost Hartford
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is ridiculous. Don't some plants need repotting or something?
    Bruce in CT

    Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

  7. #87
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 23 2005,10:07)]This is ridiculous. Don't some plants need repotting or something?
    Well, I think I need an eye exam *rubs eyes hard*! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

  8. #88
    Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tustin, Michigan
    Posts
    767
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JBL @ Oct. 23 2005,11:08)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 23 2005,10:07)]This is ridiculous. Don't some plants need repotting or something?
    Well, I think I need an eye exam *rubs eyes hard*! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    Im not even gona get into this conversation.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •