User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 89 to 96 of 203

Thread: What would happen if

  1. #89
    endparenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come in a debate about reconciling religious beliefs with evolution he (I think it was him anyway, it was a while ago) clammed up and wouldn't address any of the questions I had (which I honestly wanted the answers to... I want to know what makes the process so impossible)... but when in a debate with a high-schooler he suddenly has volumes to say? At least "pick on someone your own size" or something, yeesh.

  2. #90
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    medical procedure, gay marriage, drugs, oh my!

    outsiders, you seem to be a perfect example of a republican.

    i'm with FTG on everything except the drug issue, but i think you should ignore each other. no matter who "wins" this "debate", it wont make a difference.

    and i'm gonna steal what you said for myself FTG, "Excuse the hell out of me." I absolutely LOVE you! your awesome [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]


    as far as outsiders comments, a bortion isn't immoral, gay marriage is great, and if you dont want us to adopt some kids then adopt some of your own [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] say FTG is imposing immoral values on our country? your trying to pose , dated, if i may say, religous morals on our country.

  3. #91
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This really was a debate between me and FTG, not a popularity contest. I was trying to get her to see that she keeps dodging the bullet, and give her the opportunity to share her perspective but each time she did she wouldn't give valid reasoning.

    JLAP:

    A.bortion is immoral. FTG even agrees with that. Gay marriage is an oxymoron. Look up marriage in the dictionary. Gay union maybe, but never a marriage. Adopting kids, I think it is a good thing if you can provide the right environment. Having morals has nothing to do with being religious or not. You can have morals and not have religion. So therefore that argument is null.

    ):

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    How come in a debate about reconciling religious beliefs with evolution he (I think it was him anyway, it was a while ago) clammed up and wouldn't address any of the questions I had (which I honestly wanted the answers to... I want to know what makes the process so impossible)... but when in a debate with a high-schooler he suddenly has volumes to say? At least "pick on someone your own size" or something, yeesh.
    I thought the debate was whether or not human beings were created from evolution? You can prove evolution exists, and I agree. This world goes through changes so God (or nature to you) created a way for us to adapt. Did we all come from the same one celled organism? That is where I disagree, and you can't prove it true. If for some reason though you feel like I didn't give you a fun enough debate, feel free to start a new one [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img].
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  4. #92
    Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    18,768
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe at this point the debating ought be through PM's? Its focus seems to be on issues other than the original.

  5. #93
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries Jimscott there is nothing left to debate about [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img].
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  6. #94
    apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    T-ville, Florida
    Posts
    2,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Show me where I was arguing the location of all the terrorists? I was arguing why we are combating terrorism, and why it is good to be on the offense. Can we please stick to an argument and support it? So far you haven't been able to do this, instead it goes from apples vs apples to apples vs oranges to oranges vs oranges to oranges vs mangos. Lets stick to one fruit please.
    I wasn't referring to your argument. I was referring to the war itself and the thinking behind it.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Ok let me break down the convo for you. You stated a 52% figure. I asked where you got the figure. You said: Final election poll results 2004. You did not say CNN, etc. I said thanks for the source (as in seriously thank you for showing me where you got that info from). So we can drop this now, thanks
    Fine with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Define the term marriage and there is your answer.
    A peice of paper saying that two people vowed to be together forever even though that's probably not going to last. Not that I have anything against marriage at all. It's great so many people HAVE managed to stay together so long in marriage. But personally, marriage isn't that important to me. Love is love, married or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You think it is healthy for a person to be raised with just two dads or two moms? There are even non-biblical studies that show that it is important to have 1 mom and 1 dad.
    I've done fine my whole life without a dad.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Your counter-argument support is that if a.bortion isn't legalized that women will go to random witchdoctors? This is why debating things with you is fruitless, your support is nonsense
    My support is history! That's what women used to do when they couldn't get doctors to do it, they did it illegally and half of them died!

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]A weed smoker would argue with you that smoking drugs isn't as bad as an a.bortion. Sure they are smoking an illegal drug that gets them high and damages their body, but they aren't killing an innocent life. A robber would argue with you that stealing a candy bars and t-shirts aren't as bad as an a.bortion. Sure they are robbing a store but they aren't killing an innocent life. A murderer would argue with you that murdering is just as bad as going to an a.bortion clinic. They are both killing an innocent life. I couldn't understand your argument about legalizing a.bortions.
    The people you have mentioned argue on their own behalf. I am not on this issue. I am not an medical procedure doctor and I am not planning on getting an medical procedure, therefore me saying it should be the person's choice is not me arguing for personal gain.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You were claiming that people with Catholic, Jewish and Christian based faith don't believe the Bible is God's word.
    No I wasn't. Actually I believe the contrary. I know they believe that. When I mentioned Jewish people I meant to put across my point that just because you're not titled "Christian" doesn't mean you don't believe in God.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You mean you need faith?
    No, I mean what I just said. I need evidence. Once I have evidence, then I have faith.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You shouldn't try to project that your not a child so much, no one is questioning it.
    Sorry, I guess I'm just used to people treating me that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You could have the IQ of 130, which is considered genius and have Savant syndrome.
    Seriously? Because that's what mine is..

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Do I really need to comment on this? How about you play the "I have an idea what I'm talking about" card and I won't have to chop you down.
    Is that really the only reason you're still arguing this, to get that out of me?

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You called yourself the b-word, not me nor was I suggesting it.
    Actually, my grandparents did, and that's not near the worst of it. Trust me, you do not want to be in this house for an extended period of time. That has nothing to do with anything, I just thought I should say that.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'm not going to list your name and drag you into this but this would be a good time to witness and support your faith.
    I do support my faith. I openly tell anybody and defend my faith and all my friends know I believe in God and most of them do too.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?
    Alot. You seem to have alot against killing innocent people, which hopefully we all do, so what about the Iraqi citizens who did nothing wrong and got killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]In 1998, President Clinton announced, “We will use all the means at our disposal to bring those responsible to justice, no matter what or how long it takes.”
    You still haven't told me the problem with that statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Saying a.bortion is wrong doesn't give you a free pass to heaven. Sorry.
    That's what I'm saying. Then what's the point? This world will never be "moral" to the degree so many want it to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You are trying to impose immoral values onto our country.
    That is the one thing I am dang well NOT doing. All I am doing is VOICING MY OPINION. I don't care if the rest of the country does something different. I don't wish to "impose" my "immoral values" on anyone. I want people to live however they want and have whatever morals they want. I'm not so much against people who have "moral values".. actually, I'm not against it at all. What I AM against is those people trying to make everybody else do the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]However you were claiming that are gov't did NOTHING to support the Hurricane relief. Therefore I attacked that argument and not the fact other people not associated with the federal gov't helped out the people.
    You still haven't provided me with what the government personally did that could count as work towards the relief effort.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]A.bortion is immoral. FTG even agrees with that.
    When did I agree with that? I explained the irrationality of the saying "I'm for a.bortion", because nobody can be "for" a.bortion.. you don't "want" people to get abortions. "For a.bortion" or "pro-a.bortion" is another most likely right-wing-created term to make the left wing look stupid. Either you think it's wrong and nobody should do it or you don't really care either way. I don't realy care either way.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

  7. #95
    apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    T-ville, Florida
    Posts
    2,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Im not even gona get into this conversation..
    Out of pure mercy towards your soul I advise you... don't. That's the mistake I made and have made many times.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

  8. #96
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me tell you something, there is a possibility that Bush may change the law (what reasons would allow this, I dont know) to allow him to run for office again, a third term. If it comes down to him and Hillary, I swear I'm going to move out the country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •