Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: What would happen if

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Bush changing the law to be president forever thing was one of the more pathetic (absurd?) fears of the left ~3 years ago. No one's worrying anymore.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Arnie wil be able to run for presidency instead. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A.bortion is immoral. FTG even agrees with that. Gay marriage is an oxymoron. Look up marriage in the dictionary. Gay union maybe, but never a marriage. Adopting kids, I think it is a good thing if you can provide the right environment. Having morals has nothing to do with being religious or not. You can have morals and not have religion. So therefore that argument is null.

its fine for her to believe that it's immoral. i don't, however.

your not getting me. the definition should be changed.

are you implying that a home with 2 men or 2 women as spouses is the improper environment? whatever.

ugh..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok i like 'yall, but there is a certain post length where my patience runs out and ya just passed it 5 pages ago.

As regards to bush, i believe he will bounce back. 3 years is plenty of time to start getting things right. Its just a matter of when. as for America doesn’t want him anymore, its that they dont want him personally just now, not that they dont want his polices and rhetoric. Lets face it America is becoming more religious and more republican. as much as i enjoy seeing them on the hot seat as much as any other democrat, this is only a blip in their trend twards dominance. Its the ideas and direction America wants. Why else would they elect all of those policy makers that support him? and that they are there proves democracy is working.

(Awkward and confusing section that reveals my feeling on this matter deleted because no matter how I said or worded it, it always came out ambiguous)
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Maybe at this point the debating ought be through PM's? Its focus seems to be on issues other than the original.
    ts because public debate can regulate behavior and wording when someone knows their being watched and may be less willing to step on toes

Quote[/b] ]Out of pure mercy towards your soul I advise you... don't. That's the mistake I made and have made many times.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] ]Let me tell you something, there is a possibility that Bush may change the law (what reasons would allow this, I dont know) to allow him to run for office again, a third term. If it comes down to him and Hillary, I swear I'm going to move out the country.
    Um [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    its been 2 terms for awhile and i cannot possibly see a senerio in wich it could change now.

People lets try to tone doun our rhetoric the enviorments feeling pretty hostile right about now.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that in order for a woman to be voted as president, she would have to have the same characteristics as the other candidates....a lust for power, greed, and the desire for the goodwill of all except those who disagree.

If we were to trace back terrorism to it's source, we will see an act committed against innocent people followed by an act of revenge.

round and round...

Brian

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, that was awesome.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Brian_W @ Oct. 25 2005,10:27)]If we were to trace back terrorism to it's source, we will see an act committed against innocent people followed by an act of revenge.

round and round...
    Tracing things back I don't think we'd even find an attack. I'm of the opinion that every attack is an act of self-preservation (self-defense, retaliation, revenge) in the mind of the "attacker". Attacking for the sake of attacking just doesn't happen... it's blatantly high risk and zero reward. Every aggressor thinks they're the victim of an unjust situation and that they've been forced to make things "right".

This doesn't excuse people for their actions, but it is the key to understanding why they do it. It's simple psychology. To treat them as human isn't traitorous or sympathetic-to-the-enemy or whatever... it's just logical.

People who would rather just slap dismissive blanket terms like "evil" on them than actually try to understand them are just sabotaging their own causes, I think. You can't develop a solution until you can accurately define the problem.