Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: What would happen if

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 29 2005,5:08)]I thought that John Edwards was the strongest candidate and would go out on a limb and say that he will be nominated in '08 and win.
    I'll bring a step ladder just in case that limb breaks!

Staying on topic, I would vote for a woman, but not just because she is a woman. And my political leanings are not relevant to this discussion, so I won't go there.

Jimscott--what about 'Afternoon Delight' as sung by the cast in 'Anchorman'?
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JBL @ Oct. 29 2005,5:55)]Staying on topic, I would vote for a woman, but not just because she is a woman. And my political leanings are not relevant to this discussion, so I won't go there.

Jimscott--what about 'Afternoon Delight' as sung by the cast in 'Anchorman'?
    Same here with the politics end of things.

Good one, Joe! I'm not familar with the Anchorman cast - just the #2 hit from Starland Vocal Band.

I just got a flashback to "Me and Mrs. Jones" and "If Loving you is Wrong", both from '72. Can ya tell I listened to too much American Top 40? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. So did I, but I think I've recovered. Except that "The Night Chicago Died" or "Billy Don't be a Hero" sometimes bubble up from a dusty corner of my brain and drive me crazy for a while. Oh no ... why'd I let myself think of them ... they're coming out! Arrgghh!
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 29 2005,10:58)]"The Night Chicago Died" or "Billy Don't be a Hero"
    Two truly awful songs. How about if Cher runs for Prez and sings, what is it, 'Do You Believe in Love'? with that horrid yodeling sound.
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JBL @ Oct. 29 2005,11:49)]
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 29 2005,10:58)]"The Night Chicago Died" or "Billy Don't be a Hero"
    Two truly awful songs. How about if Cher runs for Prez and sings, what is it, 'Do You Believe in Love'? with that horrid yodeling sound.
    Okay, this probably won't sit well with the two of you, but I happen to like all of the afore-mentioned. I guess now's not a good time to mention Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, and the Defranco Family. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, Jim! How could you listen to all that B.S., and forget the Cowsills??? Weren't they cute???
    Paul Revere and the Raiders??
    Dave Clark 5??
    We had a ton of them!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Oct. 30 2005,8:24)]Dang, Jim! How could you listen to all that B.S., and forget the Cowsills Weren't they cute
    Paul Revere and the Raiders??
    Dave Clark 5??
    We had a ton of them!
    "Gimme a head with hair. Long, beautiful hair..." "Oh say can you see, my eyes if you can. Then my hairs' too short!"

Yeah, I love all that too! Definitely want DC 5 greatest hits.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost interest in this thread a long time ago and I haven't been reading it, so I really don't know where the conversation has led to.
    I have been think about the original question though.

What would happen if a female was elected president?

The other party would dig up all the dirt they could about her past.

The other party would work as hard as they could to find a reason to have her impeeched.

Millions of my hard earned money would go to pointless investigations.

There would be senate hearings about something she did years ago.

The media would be like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

Nothing would be accomplished because the senate would just vote with whatever their party wanted.

If the woman was a democrat then all of the above would be ten times as bad.

So I guess the answer to the question "What would happen if there was a female president?" is nothing different.