Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: What would happen if

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is from one of my favorite authors. It's kind of long but you might like it. There is no bible bashing/promoting in it.

Essay by Daniel Quinn

Zac
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is this sorta outta topic above? though it is interesting.

i always wondered and though back in the old days women were kept in check by men/husbands aka wifebeaters. im not saying that thats how we should go back but its pretty interesting how women got power over the years because of the sh*t they went through. i dont blame them to gain power either because of that.

"MEN AND WOMEN WERE CREATED EQUAL"

but what will happen if women became president. that will probably mean that it will give hope to the gays/lesbians to strive for other things like approve gay/lesbians marriages in the u.s. and probably run for presiden too!
    on the gay/lebians, back then it was taboo to even speak of it. slowly it has been approved by everyone if anyone has notice. many things have changed i guess for the good of everybody.

we should be thankfull to live in a country like this but is there anyone out there that wants it to be where the men should be men and the women should be women?
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If human beings were all identical-looking and androgenous, except half of them had blue eyes and half of them had brown eyes, we'd be making THAT out to be apples and oranges. That difference is where the debates and the prejudice and the hate crimes would be focused. It sounds silly to us, but as we are now we'd look equally silly to a race with much much greater variation between individuals. It just takes perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in reality there is no race only one the human race
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont see why the government has any affiliation with any marriage at all. marriage is a covenant between the two people and god isn't it? isn't that the church's business and not the governments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people see marriage as a covenant between two people and God. Some don't. Plenty of people manage to get married without any religious involvement whatsoever. But everyone who marries is entering into a legally enforceable contract, whether married in a church, on a mountaintop, or by an Elvis impersonator in Vegas.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]WWIII is not here yet. When it is you will know. One of my favorites quotes is from Einstein: "If there is a WWIII than WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    What would Einstein call this...Vandalism?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A terrorist attack from a rag-tag collection of Saudis and other non-Iraqis. Nothing more. The rest of the world has long learned to deal with this sort of thing without crying WWIII.

9/11 was certainly not a war. You want to see a war, go check out Fallujah. That's what a war is. 9/11 was just a large-scale Oklahoma City bombing.

The incredibly misguided escapade into Iraq has served to vastly increase the number of terorists by giving them a rallying point, and by confirming the most paranoid fears about America.

The failures of the current administration are reflected in Bush's free-fall in the polls and the current and pending criminal indictments against the GOP leadership in the house, senate, and White House. They have imposed a culture of corruption and incompetence that will take decades to repair.

Nobody else has said it, but I hope we DO "lose" the war. By leaving today. The objectives of this war were ill-defined and unattainable with the plan in place. Most of all, they were imperialistic and opportunistic. In many respects, it is about controlling the oil. Do we really want to "win" something that was wrong to begin with? I don't want to see another American die for nothing. Bring them home. Today.

A woman President is LESS likely to engage in the dry-drunk arrogance and obstinence that Bush displays. They tend to be more empathetic, and less prone to testosterone-fueled desires to be a "war President".

Bush is at 39% approval and falling. His approval among black Americans is an embarrassing 2%. TWO percent. I can't see a woman ever having the sort of indifference that produces such numbers.

Capslock <-- getting partisan. Just my opinions, folks!
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast