What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would happen if

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Yes I'm Canadian. I love this type of american attitude.

A Nuclear Problem:

I personally hate nuclear energy development as a long term solution. People should not mess with nature in the way they mess with the atom. Let me clarify one thing. Nuclear Weapons are not defensive weapons. They do not stop war they are war. Throwing away nuclear weapons is a good idea. In the unfortunate scenario where the united states is hit by a nuclear weapon the WORST possible solution is to retaliate with Nuclear weapons. That would be world war III and quite possibly the end of the human race as we know it. Personaly I don't sleep sound at night knowing that there exists even one nuke. They are never appropriate and never will be so get rid of them.

The Terrorist

First we must get to the root of what a terrorist is and what "spawns" them. Par example: If you were say an average Iraqi of the age of 17. You have a small education and have a rather enjoyable carpentry job. There is a ruler right now who kills lots of people and is a very feared man. However he hasn't personaly hurt your family. Sudenly you hear that a country on the other side of the world has decided to liberate iraq on your behalf. You don't see this as a bad idea right away but... You wake up to the sounds of explosions your thrown from your bed and your house is falling down around you. You remain trapped for 7 hours and are finally rescued. You are lifted out of the rubble and you look around your whole neighbourhood is gone. A man approaches you and you ask him if he knows anything about your family. He points at heap of dead bodies about 10 ft away. First you find your 3 year old sister then your mother than your 14 year old brother. You sob and mourn and then you want revenge...
VOILA a terrorist. A civilian casualtie in any way linked to the war in iraq breed 10 more terrorists who kill and breed more. What you've done is created an exponential breeding ground for terrorists. Oh yeah, can you intercept a carbomb or a man with dynamite strapped to his chest

Leaving them alone is not the answer but aggravating them by killing civilians isn't either.

The UN and Global Security

Do I want to give the global comunity control over the Us. No. Does the US think they can control the global community? Yes! Do they? Yes! Should they? No! I didn't say the global community should control the US. There is a difference between control and enforcing Global laws that stop the US from blowing the s*** out of whoever they feel like. There needs to be some global order. If not the UN then a new organization I just believe the UN is a good place to start. What's the difference between what you do to other countries and what this beefed up UN would do to you. The US is just the biggest bully in the playground and would be scared if there was actually a bigger bully to keep him in line.

Rip this apart as you will,

Zac

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zac @ Nov. 04 2005,9:09)]P.S. it's Allah not ALi...Show respect
You are correct simple typo error, I type while working so mistakes do happen. Thank you for catching it. The sarcastic comment at the end was not needed though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Nov. 04 2005,9:51)]None so blind as those who WILL NOT see. O71, W9striker, forget it. Understanding is beyond your comprehension. Iraq was not the problem. The leadership here was the problem. There was no terrorism in Iraq, until we invaded them. And the usual repub rhetoric of the anti-American media makes me laugh. Whatever does not agree with your party, is always anti-American. What twisted thinking. I know I am wasting my breath on you guys, as you cannot see the obvious, and your attempts at wit or anything else, falls way short. But, considering where the "party" came from years ago, before they were called republicans, was that only the elite had the know how, and the ability to lead the rest. If you were poor you were nothing. Hasn't changed, Only gotten worse. And you believe every word they regurgitate, and eat it with relish. No independent thought here, just believe what your told, and don't question their authority. OOPS!!!!! Don't forget to go out with your blinders on, boyz! And DON"T listen to anyone who may have an independant thought in their heads! You may learn something you just DON"T want to see!!! AprilH, You make more sense, but your party! Blech! At least you think, whereas the folks attempting to rake me over the coals here, their party hasn't had an original thought for 200 years. Sigh! Repubs just get meaner than hel l when you do not agree with them. And then you become anti-American, at the mercy of the (spin time) "liberal" media, who does not love Amerika (oo! How Nazi!) the way they are told to.
Oh my Bugweed, I see your tactics in debating are as refined as your 'independant' way of thinking.

Once you stoop to the point of being catty and feel the need to denigrate others because they do not share your 'independant' point of view then respect is lost. I can debate with anyone until they have to start saying statements such as 'Understanding is beyond your comprehension' and 'You are blind' then I dont feel the need to continue, you have shown your true colors to all who care to read. It is unfortunate because I was enjoying the debate.

I belive one thing, you belive another. That is fine, but obviously a different train of thought from your 'independant' view means I must belong to a party and that makes me a sheep in your eyes. Doesn't seem weird that to be an 'independant' thinker like yourself, you must share the same view as yourself?

If you choose to mature I will humor you by continuing the debate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zac @ Nov. 04 2005,11:08)]That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Yes I'm Canadian. I love this type of american attitude.

A Nuclear Problem:

I personally hate nuclear energy development as a long term solution. People should not mess with nature in the way they mess with the atom. Let me clarify one thing. Nuclear Weapons are not defensive weapons. They do not stop war they are war. Throwing away nuclear weapons is a good idea. In the unfortunate scenario where the united states is hit by a nuclear weapon the WORST possible solution is to retaliate with Nuclear weapons. That would be world war III and quite possibly the end of the human race as we know it. Personaly I don't sleep sound at night knowing that there exists even one nuke. They are never appropriate and never will be so get rid of them.

The Terrorist

First we must get to the root of what a terrorist is and what "spawns" them. Par example: If you were say an average Iraqi of the age of 17. You have a small education and have a rather enjoyable carpentry job. There is a ruler right now who kills lots of people and is a very feared man. However he hasn't personaly hurt your family. Sudenly you hear that a country on the other side of the world has decided to liberate iraq on your behalf. You don't see this as a bad idea right away but... You wake up to the sounds of explosions your thrown from your bed and your house is falling down around you. You remain trapped for 7 hours and are finally rescued. You are lifted out of the rubble and you look around your whole neighbourhood is gone. A man approaches you and you ask him if he knows anything about your family. He points at heap of dead bodies about 10 ft away. First you find your 3 year old sister then your mother than your 14 year old brother. You sob and mourn and then you want revenge...
VOILA a terrorist. A civilian casualtie in any way linked to the war in iraq breed 10 more terrorists who kill and breed more. What you've done is created an exponential breeding ground for terrorists. Oh yeah, can you intercept a carbomb or a man with dynamite strapped to his chest

Leaving them alone is not the answer but aggravating them by killing civilians isn't either.

The UN and Global Security

Do I want to give the global comunity control over the Us. No. Does the US think they can control the global community? Yes! Do they? Yes! Should they? No! I didn't say the global community should control the US. There is a difference between control and enforcing Global laws that stop the US from blowing the s*** out of whoever they feel like. There needs to be some global order. If not the UN then a new organization I just believe the UN is a good place to start. What's the difference between what you do to other countries and what this beefed up UN would do to you. The US is just the biggest bully in the playground and would be scared if there was actually a bigger bully to keep him in line.

Rip this apart as you will,

Zac
No need to rip apart, you did that yourself.

Until you learn to debate without attacking people you will never be taken seriously.

I love your scenerio though on your veiw of a terrorist, quite obvious you have visited Iraq and fully understand the situation.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The U.N. knew about Rwanda, knew it was a genocide going on over there and did nothing.

I think you need to read this book then.

They COULDN'T do anything because world leaders were too apathetic, mate.

Cheerio

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We are never going to get rid of terrorism, IMO. New potential terrorists are being raised every day, in every country, of every race, colour and religion.  Do we start killing children, then?
That is very negative thinking...and if you are even remotely implying that we purposely kill children...DO NOT GO THERE.

The United States has won every war it has ever been involved in, including Vietnam.  We backed out of Vietnam only when we were convinced that the war had so weakened North Vietnam that it was no longer capable of becoming a threat to the whole of Southeast Asia.   For proof that our goals were met you need only to look at the current day state of affairs in Vietnam.  It is a thriving nation that is a threat to no one and we have established normal relations with them.  Could we have achieved the same results with out the loss of 50,000 American lives?  I believe so but then Commander in Chief John F. Kennedy, a Democrat, chose to send 500 American “Advisors” to Vietnam in 1961 and once started, a war is rather hard to stop.

Republican President Richard Nixon orchestrated a cease-fire with the North in January of 1973 and in accordance with the terms, ordered the withdrawal of all U.S. troops.  By the way, the famous photo of the last flight out of Vietnam was not that of a U.S. Military helicopter taking of from the rooftop of the American Embassy.  It was an Air America chopper…probably piloted by Mel Gibson or Robert Downey Jr.

Starting with our own war of independence, through the Cold War, which lasted forty-five years, we have prevailed.  We will prevail again.  The war on terrorism will not take anywhere near that long to win if we have continued good leadership.

W9S, Debate? I do not debate, I simply argue. And have a dang good time doing it too. I understand you don't understand, so that is a moot point. Zac has it right. We are no longer loved in the eyes of the world, as we used to be. A lack of compassion, caring, watching out for the little guy, are just a few of this administrations Major screw ups in the world. Zac is right as I have been. We have become bullies in the eyes of the world, not saviors. Forcing ones will on another is wrong. I don't care about your so called intelligent view of this whole thing, it doesn't really matter. We are the youngest country in this world, and think we know better than countries with centuries under their belts? Everyone makes mistakes, but this country set its eyes on Iraq and its oil supplies some time ago, before 1993, and I was there to hear and see it. So I am informed as to what the real skinny is, you just have word of someone else's mouth on TV or Radio, and they sing the stuff that your party wants you to hear, and you listen to that, and that only, and anything else is a lie. Whether you like or dislike my independant views or not, means nothing to me, as I know my opponent, and what he thinks already. I have friends in places where you didn't even know there were places, and I know my stuff. Believe it or not, makes no difference to me. My eyes are open, and I see what's coming. I am not the one with blinders on, bub. Should try taking yours off sometime, and do your own research into this whole mess. You might be suprised at what corruptness is at the top of the Republican party. The Democrats are laying low right now. When you have no power, all you CAN do is make noise. When you have power, it is best to use it wisely. Neither party knows how to do that. Well, since I know this is another oppurtunity for you guys to rip on Zac or me, here is the fodder for today. Eat well 071, and W9S. I will await the daily party regurgitation for the day.
Same ole, same ole. They know nothing else. Sad.

Yes, we don't purposely kill children... except at the My Lai incident.

WON, VIETNAM??????????? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WON??????????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! (Insert inhale)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
(Another inhale) HOHOHOHOHOHOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Now THAT is the screwiest thing I have ever heard!

WInning the war in Vietnam...now that made this thread all worthwhile...if we won, then what the heck is Vietnam united for then? lol

BTW, are we done ripping each others testicles off yet?

No, Dustin! I expect a lump or two before this is done. I am having a good time listening to the BS these folks are taught. I fully expect a small war or two before we lock this up.

And of course americans will win as they always do
confused.gif

Zac

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zac @ Nov. 05 2005,2:43)]And of course americans will win as they always do
confused.gif

Zac
But of course!  We are not the French  
smile_m_32.gif
  If you are French, please note that I am joking.  This is a cross reference to the topic that mentioned Googling 'French Military Victories'.

Odd. JFK didn't start the Vietnam War. We inherited that war from the French when it was French IndoChina. We stepped in at the request of the then, South Vietnamese Government. And BTW, we got our butts whipped in Vietnam, regardless of what your history books may tell you now.

Somehow they think we won in Viet Nam, but I wish Bush's followers would quit acting like we lost WWII.  That's when the US and others beat back the world's conservative, military-worshipping empires.  Germany had even twisted Christianity into the same messianic crap we hear now.  They lost, but here we are 60 years later and Neocons and other weenies tell us it's our patriotic duty to blindly follow a leader down the same path.  You lost 60 years ago and are going to lose again.

Hmmm....wasn't Eisenhower the first person to send "advisors" to VietNam? In 1953?

Just as an observer..it looks to me like we ran out of VietNam with our tails tucked betwixt our legs.  Just my observation...for all I know we won. god bless those who served and died there.

I don't think anyone's testicles have been ripped off.  And some of us don't have any, anyway.  

It's much more fun to talk about current events, IMO.  Woman president? Fine by me! It's about time.  

I know Bug..my party insults my intelligence, but change is incremental.  And change starts locally.  I take the long term look at it.  My main goal for '06 is that the Dems win back the Congress.  

In other news, here's what our Republican government did for us this week..and betcha didn't hear much about it from our so-called liberal media:

The Senate voted to cut 300,000 people from food stamps, cut $10 BILLION from Medicaid and Medicare, cut student grants and loans, cut Head Start, cut subsidies to small family farms, whilst leaving subsidies to giant agribusiness intact.

They also voted to change the standards for labeling food "organic" They want it to just be kinda organic. So giant agribusinesses like Kraft can be in on the exploding organic market, without having to spend too much money to do so.  

These cuts total $50 billion. The tax cuts for the wealthy that the senate bill wants to keep total $70 Billion.

They also blocked an amendment on the spending bill that would have given the government the right to negotiate with drug companies on the prices of drugs. Why do you think that prescriptions are so much cheaper in Canada?  The government negotiates prices!  What a novel concept!  Your republican, conservative government is in the pocket of big business.  YOU don't matter to them.  Big Pharma does!

On one hand, I do care very much about the BS war that is Iraq. A war based on purposeful lies and conceits, and a Neo-con dream of an "american empire".  That our soldiers and innocent Iraqis are dying for, every day. On the other hand, the war is kind of distraction for the very nefarious things the republicans are doing here at home.  

As far as the French not helping us invade a sovereign nation?

Go France!  You had the testicles to stand up to King George.

Please don't forget...if it wasn't for the French, our national anthem would be "God Save the Queen."  They owe us nothing.

Always remember, when someone questions your patriotism for not following our president.....and I don't remember who said it..."Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel"

nuke.jpg

But seriously, i don't think much bad could come of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They owe us nothing.

You're right and wrong. We owe them and they owe us. For one, they are all female reproductive bits cats, Great Britain is our number one ally, like France should be as well. What the hell happened to the UN/NATO? Last time I checked, I haven't heard of any French troop deployments to any war zones.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I haven't heard of any French troop deployments to any war zones.
 They are deployed in the streets of Paris trying to put down eleven days of rioting by ethnic minorities.  Over one thousand cars were burned last night alone.  Their great and powerful leader, Jaque Chirac did not even make a statement to the French people until the ninth day of rioting...I believe he was vacationing on the Riviera. Surely they are not going to lose another war...are they?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hmmm....wasn't Eisenhower the first person to send "advisors" to VietNam? In 1953?
Eisenhower did send a small team, who were basically  CIA operatives, to Vietnam but only as observers to see if there was anything we could do to help the French.  They stayed one month.
John F. Kennedy was the first American President to deploy combat troops to Vietnam.  It is in the congressional record.

Bugweed, Zac, Aprilh.

Before you read this just keep in mind that there are no hard feelings over here, nor do I want to participate in a hate war.

My problem and wolf's problem is that people like yourselves cannot form a valid argument. You say we were taught this, that we spew Bush's propaganda and every other thing. The fact of the matter is we have given arguments and have backed them up with valid reasoning. You guys on the other hand have not offered anything up to this point that could be considered a valid argument.

Me and wolf understand that you guys disagree with our arguments, and that's fine. What's not fine is the fact that you guys can't maturely respond with a counter-argument or valid reasons why our views would not work. Instead you spew that we were spoon fed information, and regurgitated it outward. Even if this were the case, we still proposed valid arguments with valid reasonings and an indepth to why we believe this is the right way to go about things. What did you guys do besides try to turn this into a flame war?

I'm offering you guys a chance to redeem yourselves. Go back to what me and wolf had said. Form a valid argument that either agrees or disagrees with our stance. Bring your "independent" or "democratic" perspectives and bring to the table alternative ways that we can get these problems solved, that are of course backed by valid logic and reasoning. When you can do this I will continue to debate with you. Otherwise this is like debating with someone who believes in a conspiracy, which gets nowhere because they don't have to have facts, evidence, or valid reasoning to believe what they believe.
confused.gif

Back