User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need more help please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so i planted all these seeds but now the dirt is growing white mold so what now? what can i use to make it go away so maybe the seeds will grow.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try sprinkling some cinnamon on the affected areas. though I haven't tried that approach, I know that Moonflower posted abouthaving success with it. You can also try to scoop out the mold with a plastic spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i tried but didn't have much luck. and since the seeds were sprinkled on top i wouldn't use a spoon for fear of loosing the seeds too. any other ideas?

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep- Blast them with a fine spray from a mister/spray-bottle til the stuff disappears...
    You could always try to up the ventilation too (as in just keep them in a tray under lights or on the windowsill, not in a bag like I may have suggested)
    that should help a bit!!
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Carl says...most likely you are not getting enough air circulation. If you have damp/wet soil, humid conditions and no air movement, you're gonna get mold. Even just a slight opening in a container will allow air in. I use plastic bags for some things (like rooting cuttings) and I always leave a little bit of an opening in the bag.

Good luck...hope they are ok. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome