Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do they sell distilled water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious...what does the UV light do?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messes up the genes a little bit so that bacteria and other microbes can't reproduce. That's why you are told to wear sunscreen when your out in the sun. Sunscreen blocks the UV so it doesn't mess up the genes in your skin cells and cause cancer or premature aging of the skin.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a large covered plastic barrel, and connect it to the downspout of your gutter.

If you keep your gutters clean, you can collect water that is ~<10 ppm total dissolved solids.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only water I can buy that's good enough for CP is deionized from petrol stations at 1.00 pound sterling per litre. I now buy at least 3 bottles every week due to the sudden growth in my collection (6 Nepenthes in a month)...
    Time to buy a water butt.

Cheers

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Oct. 17 2005,2:59)]Get a large covered plastic barrel, and connect it to the downspout of your gutter.

If you keep your gutters clean, you can collect water that is ~<10 ppm total dissolved solids.
    That's essentially what I have rigged up behind the townhouse. Besides, that water isn't spending any time sitting and absorbing much in the way of metallic salts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Just curious...what does the UV light do? Messes up the genes a little bit so that bacteria and other microbes can't reproduce.
    A good seque to the following public health service announcement: It's best if you don't drink RO/distilled water especially after it's been opened for days as the absence of chlorine is an invitation for almost any bacterium, protozoan, fungus or mold to colonize and reproduce. Not kidding. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Get a large covered plastic barrel, and connect it to the downspout of your gutter.
    A great idea, especially if you live in the New England area! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

For the past 9 days, we've been in monsoon season. 14" in NY, 15" in Hartford, 11" in Providence, 6" in Boston. Finally, I saw the sun today!
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During the hot days when I have the AC running I run a hose from the AC unit down to a water bottle and collect the water from the condenser. It saves me a lot of money on water and is perfectly safe for CP's. Now the days are getting cooler and the rainy season is just starting so I have to find a way to collect rainwater. The downspout idea is out though because, well there isn't a downspout here [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast