User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So...you think you know everything?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Oct. 27 2005,6:48)]a shark is a fish
    Sheridan, you are right. I thought maybe they were mammals or maybe a few of them were. Oh well!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Oct. 28 2005,11:28)]I am one of those three, so post the darn thing!
    Okay, here goes:

x2: 0, 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36,.... Take the difference between the perfect squares and you get 1,3,5,7,9,11,... Take another difference and you get 2's.

2! = 2x1 = 2

(x2)' = 2x, (2x)' = 2

For cubes:

x3: 0, 1, 8, 64, 125, 216, 343,... Take the differences and go one more step and you end up with 6.

3! = 3x2x1 = 6

(x3)' = 3x2, (3x2)' = 6x, (6x)' = 6.

For 4th power and factorials, it ends up with 24. For 5-> 120, then 720, ad nauseum. I haven't a clue as to its practical use, but it sure was neat doing the self-discovery. And no, I wasn't the first. I wa relating that to my MENSA-level, nerdy, Physics prof friend and he told me that he discovered that on his own in 7th grade. Bummer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 28 2005,10:42)]
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Oct. 27 2005,6:48)]a shark is a fish
    Sheridan, you are right. I thought maybe they were mammals or maybe a few of them were. Oh well!
    all are fish but research is showing that a couple of species may infact be warm blooded. i think the great white is one and the mako another.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, but some of these need to be corrected sorry if I repeated you :

A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours- as the others have said, they can for weeks in their dragonfly stage.

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear- I don't think there are any muscles in a cats ear, just around the ear. Do you have any in yours?

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds- from personal experiance and from mythbusters, goldfish can remember way more than 3 seconds. They come to me every time I feed them, and some guy trained theirs to ring a bell for food.

A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes- I had a whiptail catfish before and it blinked. I think most catfishes can 'blink' and i heard somewhere that so do puffer fishes.

Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.- all babies have kneecaps. I had baby brothers and cousins and I checked. It'll be pretty grusome of they didn't....

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors- I remeber hearing it being invented by like the romans or greeks or something. I don't know, but he could have reinvented it.

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple- I guess its how far you stretch it; silver-pilfer and, from some cartoon I frogot, orange-doorhinge.

On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag- You wish :P . Its actually the old Canadian flag, but without the color it looks somewhat like the american flag.

The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid- It never froze solid. C'mon, common sense makes this one impossible. The niagra falls is huge and constantly in motion.

There are a few others that I think are false, but I'm not too sure, like the vocal cord one, the domestication one and the line of chinese one. Oh, and a discovery channel show said that mantarays are also warm blooded :P .

Okay, I was bored :P . Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours
    no that would be mayfly. dragonflies can live years because they often migrate to warmer weather in the northern regions.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I find more interesting than the 'facts' list itself, is our willingness (not a finger at anyone in particular, just meaning folks in general) to pass on hearsay as fact. We hear something we didn't know, that sounds plausible to us, and we pass it on as a 'fact' without checking.

Like the one I heard a few years back that the 'citronella' plant some lab-created species-cross between geraniums and lemon grass, and that they are sterile. I guess because most folks never saw one flower, they believe it. This is totally false. The flowers aren't spectacular but it does flower, and it's just a scented geranium cultivar (I have one). And it also does nothing to mosquitoes. That's another myth. I just enjoy it because of the pretty frilly leaves and the pleasant scent. I rely on my CPs to reduce the mosquito population

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123