Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spyware removal programs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those free spyware thingys are just all dung, they tell you they are "scaning" wile they are downloading thos anoying pop ups your computer get when you first log in, carefull on what you download!
    Mens Et Manus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand why some of you may be skeptical of these free programs but they truly are the best free programs on the market and they do work... most quite well. First off, download.com (the site from which most of these programs are being downloaded) is a well known company owned by Cnet.com and promises that none of the hosted programs have Spyware or Adware. The site also has editors whose job it is to review the software and the programs recommended are all highly rated both by the professional editors/reviewers and those that download the programs. Ad-aware and Spybot have been around for years and if they included anything nefarious, I am 100% that the entire world would be well aware. Most people are also familiar with Microsoft and the last thing those in Redmond want or need is a controversy over malware in their software so I'd say you're safe with their software too. Hijack This requires some skill but is probably one of the more effective tools around if you can find somebody to interpret the results for you. I also suggest you use Firefox to prevent getting any more malware. Good luck! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

~ Brett

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]those free spyware thingys are just all dung, they tell you they are "scaning" wile they are downloading thos anoying pop ups your computer get when you first log in, carefull on what you download!
    In all of my experiences, free things seem to do as good of (if not a better) job as things you pay for. I like AVG better than Norton (in fact, I despise Norton.) I like Open Office better than any Microsoft word product (or power point, or any of that stuff.) You need to watch out for scams, and things that after scanning try to make you buy it, but we live in a world where at least one thing is still right-side up: Free still equals good.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your input! Currently, I use Ad-Aware 6. I will look into the various links provided, on the weekend. When I do the Ad-Aware scans, it no longer comes up with anything new. So I can't tell if it is being really efficient or that I am not bringing in anything to find or it is no longer capable finding anything different.

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gone and used House Call a few times works ok for me and what else i do is use Registry First Aid 3.0 and cleaned a TON of invalid paths off my comp wow does it make a big diffrence.

heres House Calls link.
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the link to housecall! Got a ton of things to look at on Sunday, while watching football!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12