Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane wilma and sunbelle exotics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, everyone. I spoke with Trent and Michelle Meeks (of Sunbelle Exotics) on the phone recently. They are doing fine, but may not have power for a while. The eye of the hurricane went right over them. The frame of the greenhouse remains, but most of the shade cloth was ripped away. As a result, some of their plants got sunburns. They were also shocked with the cold weather we got after the storm. Some plants were unpotted and were found in their yard. The growth point of "Big Momma", their giant bical, got torn up as well. Etc...

Despite this, they did pretty well. Pretty much all of their plants survived. Some are a little unsightly, but they should grow out of it.

I hope anyone else living in an affected area is doing well too. I you don't have power, it is on its way... eventually.

-Jonathan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering how they managed. It is a shame to hear about thier bical, that thing was a monster. Prayers are with them.
    -Nick Z.
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been wondering about our members from southern Fla. Has anybody heard from Lauderdale yet?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Mama! what? why god why! i loved her so...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am fine Ozzy. Thanks for asking. I evacuated to my buddies horse farm in Ocala. We had waaaay to much fun up there but it got down to 44 a couple of nights.
    Power and water were restored to my condo Wed. afternoon and no damage to the apartment. Two restaurants/bars are open across the street. All of my friends are coming to my place for hot showers.
    Cars in the above ground parking lot were blown into a big pile and one went over a four foot wall and landed in the basement entrance.
    Fort Lauderdale got hammered.
    My cable is out...bummer.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you're ok. I knew Ft. Laugedale got hammered. It's really good that you have power and water so soon. The worse part is the weeks after the storm. I have gone weeks without water or power. It's not fun at all.
    I hope your cable is turned back on soon. How can a person live without Jerry Springer or Rikki Lake? There will be riots soon if the people can their Jerry Springer, but as long as you have a bar open accross the street I guess it'll be ok.

I'm glad you and your apartment are ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that everyone else is fine to and that there are no more big storms this year. You've had enough.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dam i swear what is it with all these hurricanes! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast