What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halloween

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I'm not, but I was wondering if ya'll were.

Well since i just got started with CP's i never thought of dressing up as one or even having Cassie dress up as one, Thanks Jim that gives me a idea as to what im gona do next yr for halloween, gona make a a outfit for the dogs and make them look like sundews, gota figure out how im gona do the tenticals with little dew on them all over there body..
smile.gif
We always dress up the dogs and take them out.

That is a wonderful idea. I will have to think about it.

you should go as a police officer, copper
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 30 2005,12:24)]you should go as a police officer, copper
biggrin.gif
*mental image of the Village People pops into head*

Tracey, I would love to see a picture of someone going as a tentacled, dewy sundew - or Audrey 2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 30 2005,11:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 30 2005,12:24)]you should go as a police officer, copper
biggrin.gif
*mental image of the Village People pops into head*
*mental image of Chest hairs*

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]*mental image of Chest hairs*

hmm... No, thats not what I think of on Copper
smile_m_32.gif

Peter

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]gota figure out how im gona do the tenticals with little dew

I think your question has been answered:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] *mental image of Chest hairs*

Chest hairs with drops of honey on the ends.  It should make for a very interesting night.

Brian

I was thinking of dressing up dogs breifly but i have always veiwed dressing up dogs as a bit twee

Hahaha, I've never thought about dressing up as a CP before!

Now that I think about it, I would love to dress up as a Cape Sundew
smile.gif

I'm sure I'd get some interesting comments on my costume, especially if I had actual dew on my tentacles...*ponders devilishly*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Brian_W @ Oct. 30 2005,3:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] *mental image of Chest hairs*

Chest hairs with drops of honey on the ends.  It should make for a very interesting night.

Brian
smile_n_32.gif
LMAO!!! Thats to funny i can just see that now, women attracted to the sweet honey dew actualy attached to ones chest hair being devoured alive.. LOL!!

Actualy im gona look for some really cool green material then gota figure out how to make the dewy tenticals, dont know what to use for those, i can make a half hat for the dogs head so that its paddle shaped with the word "sundew" on it, oh oh i wonder if pipe cleaners would work red with some kind of clear glue formed to a drop on the end of each one to look like the dew. AH HA i think i have figured it out...
smile_m_32.gif

That or ome sort of clear ball.... bouncy balls? too heavy> you dont want the pipe cleaners to droop so it have to be light

Or instead of pipe cleaners how about something that is springy, like, hmmmm, lets see... guitar strings would work, quite a bit stronger than pipe cleaners, they are made of high carbon steel and heat treated. They come in different gauges too. All you would need now is some kind of clear balls for the ends.

They're light enough but they're kind of big....something smaller? Like 1/2 inch diameter? How about those minature christmas ornaments? Do they still make them?

smile_n_32.gif
you all are so funny, but hey everything helps but yup the end balls for dew would have to be very very super light due to it would cause the the tenticals to droop, and i need red so as to mimic some of the dews natural red tentical color. Theres a clear glue that i can use as it hardens i roll it into a ball and quickly put it on the pipe cleaner, there light enough to stay put in the outfit material gota remember material wont hold a whole lot without drooping.. Will have to use some kind of padding to make it stronger and thick to keep the cleaners in place. Im gona look for a nice light green material with some kind markings that look almost like tiny hairs or draw um by hand on the material. Gota look as natural as possible...
smile_m_32.gif
I can even stick a fake light weight fly to it as well LOL!!!!

Back