Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microscope buying advice sought

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now now, don't get me wrong, Jim is still definitly a lot better versed in this stuff and I'd sooner listen to him than me, but I thought I'd just mention it. Mine goes up to 200x magnification (though I'm sure newer ones go higher,) but I think that for a younger child this could be a nice thing to have. You can save pictures of the things you look at, which could have some perks to it (showing other people, printing the pictures for school, for live specimines, etc.) Still, having a normal microscope has its perks as well as it's surely more versatile (you don't need a computer) and so on.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i say the Boreal Cordless Student Compound Microscope this is the only one i can see that has a fine adjustment wich is very helpful when your using that 40x lens i have one that doesn't has a fine adjustment and it is almost imposible to get a clear image on higher magnification
    i love welding

and of course CP's

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a microscope when I was a kid and I LOVED it. I wish I had one now. I did buy one off eBay but it didn't work. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

I'd like to get a dissecting microscope some day. And a short wave lamp. And a rock tumbler. And a greenhouse. And...

I need a lottery ticket...
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12