Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This appeared in my inbox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim it is a scam and it is not out of Germany. Do not even answer this.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now, get this, try to go to the url given at the end of the email. Notice something?

Take another glance at the email and you'll note that they tell you to direct your email to blahblahblah.org. Put in the same url as before but replace the .com with .org. Viola!

What does this prove?! Diddly squat. Well, maybe that the person who wrote the email for was a bit careless.

The site looks to be that of a legit business, and the email addresses that they have you write to for information do in fact use the same domain as from the email "blah@deginvest.org".

Here is the link to their faq:
    DEG faq

They look legit, especially since having a developed website as a scammer is something very risky to do. I'd ask as many questions as it took to get myself feeling comfortable if I were considering going with this, though.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 03 2005,1:49)]Having now just read your response to the female president topic, it is exceedingly clear that you were being sarcastic.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't get involved with any kind of offer via email. And I wouldn't go clicking any links either. If you don't know who its from, delete it.

Legit businesses don't use email to get business...particularly financial institutions. I've heard there are a lot of foreign online banking things that are scams going around. That sounds like one of them.

And no you aren't going to get free clothes from The Gap, a free computer from Bill Gates nor is anything "cool" going to pop up if you forward some silly email to 10 people in 10 minutes. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://mines.acp.int/html/orgi_47_en.html

This in addition to some further research leads me to be able to firmly say that this is a legit business. They have references to them, tracks all over the internet- it's a real business. But the fact that a business is a business doesn't seem to slow down a lot of people screwing you anyway, so you should still be wary should you decide to contact them.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Nov. 02 2005,9:16)]I wouldn't get involved with any kind of offer via email. And I wouldn't go clicking any links either. If you don't know who its from, delete it.

Legit businesses don't use email to get business...particularly financial institutions. I've heard there are a lot of foreign online banking things that are scams going around. That sounds like one of them.

And no you aren't going to get free clothes from The Gap, a free computer from Bill Gates nor is anything "cool" going to pop up if you forward some silly email to 10 people in 10 minutes. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Yup i gota agree with PlantAKiss on this one. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smilie4.gif[/img]
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you "phishing". This is a common practice and E-mails like this are fake 99% of the time.

In addition, this forum (notice the name of it) shows a similar E-mail from the same company. The company used often exists and is reputable (i.e. Paypal, Ebay, etc...) but somebody not so clever has stolen the page's design and logos and is using it for scamming.

~ Brett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is the exact body of your E-mail. Often you can Google part of it and see if you come up with a SCAM forum.

~ Brett

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast