Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This appeared in my inbox

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, another member already said they'd gotten the message as well, and furthermore that they hadn't signed up on jobbuilder (or where ever the people claimed to have gotten their email address from.) I still think that having an incorrect site address doesn't exactly add to it's credibility. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img] lol
    ¯\(º_o)/¯ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trashed it already. As trusting as I can be on the Internet, this didn't sit well with me. Thank you all for your input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DEG story

I found the above article on a buisiness site and it seems to be talking about the same company.

Here's another one:

DEG story 2

Zac
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]And no you aren't going to get free clothes from The Gap, a free computer from Bill Gates nor is anything "cool" going to pop up if you forward some silly email to 10 people in 10 minutes. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    I get 4 or 5 magazines free every month, from emails. 1 of the magazines I have been getting for 7 years with out ever paying anything. However I also have an email account that gets about 500-2000 spam messages every 2 days. I use that anytime I sign up at a new site.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now don't tell me, after I deleted it, it was legitimate!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely not legit all you have to do is go to deginvest.de and read the disclaimer on the right in english which states:

Quote[/b] ]
    In view of circumstances which have come to our attention, DEG – Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH (DEG), would remind all those concerned that the websites ”deginvest.com“ and “deginvest.net” are fakes which are not authorised, installed and/or operated by DEG. Special reference is made to such unauthorised websites containing appeals for donations which DEG dissociates itself from. DEG has taken the measures required to promptly put an end to these unauthorised websites.
    The only website authorised by DEG is found under the address www.deginvest.de. Furthermore, DEG wants to point out that e-mails with the addresses “…@deginvest.com” or “…@deginvest.net” do not come from DEG.
    There you go,
    Zac
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow..... way cool.... thanx! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course its a scam!
    the basic premise doesent even make sense right off the bat.
    from the webpage:

Quote[/b] ]• Who shall provide me with checks to cash?
    • You shall receive checks from our clients, who are unable to transfer funds abroad, and are only able to transfer funds by checks within the USA.
    so these mysterious people must be in America right?
    because they "are only able to transfer funds by checks within the USA."
    so if you can transfer the money to Germany so easily, why cant they just do it themselves?

How many legit international banking/investing companys recruit "regular people" to help them with transactions??
    of course its a scam..

http://www.joewein.de/sw/fraud-job-2005-09.htm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123