What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of animal is this

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I found this skeleton today. I didn't get very good pics because I was in a hurry and for certain reasons I didn't want to get too close.

Any guess what it is?

35460089O806882231.jpg

35460097O223438388.jpg

35460365O706676261.jpg

looks like the plant got it lol.

Looks like a fawn. I'd need to see the skull unobstructed to saw for sure tho.

Judging by the size of the femur, it looks like deer.If you could specify how big the the skeleton was, it would be helpfull. Also look how the back feet joint away from the body.

edit: lol we all posted at the same time!

That's tough because there are bones from more than one animal there.  So I downloaded the photos for analysis by the latest forensic reconstruction software and here's the result.  Apparently one animal choked while trying to eat the other three.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I'd need to see the skull unobstructed to saw for sure tho.

There were no skull.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also look how the back feet joint away from the body.

Without digging through the weeds and bones I couldn't find the feet

The size would be a medium deer size. Look at my shadow for reference.

I got it! It is one of the neighborhood dogs that got swallowed by the capensis bog. Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket!
smile_m_32.gif

Too big to be a cat, and too big to be a dog, unless it's a great dane or St. Benard.

LOL Bruce. By Jove! I think you've got it!
laugh.gif

I should have studied the deer skeleton at the park when I was over there yesterday. Not sure how many bones are left but at last photo, most of it was there.

I think it was a deer, eaten by a giant flytrap and that is the "husk" it spit out. I wouldn't go back to that area again if I were you...
confused.gif

well just to be on the safe side Im gonna guess its the dead headless kind of animal. although deer would be my guess also

Back