What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystal river, florida

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Hey guys, I was considering buying my grandmother a Nep or Sarra for her porch. She lives in Crystal River, FL, near Tampa. I was wondering, is the tap water there pure enough for CPs? I know that she would like a pitcher plant because they're so striking, but she cares for her mother full-time and I don't know if she needs to be running out to find RO water all the time in addition to all her other responsibilities. If anybody lives in Crystal River, how do you get your water? Also, what plants have you succeeded with outdoors? Thanks,
~Joe

Most grocery stores sell distilled water which works fine for CPs. Sometimes its found in the water section and sometimes you can find it in the laundry products area (for irons)...or both. If she could do that, then she wouldn't have to go out of her way to get water. She could just pick it up whenever she goes grocery shopping.
smile.gif

Get Grandma a CP! lol

Does she grow other plants and has she ever said she wants a CP?  Maybe she's better off not adding to her list of responsibilities.  But if she wants one, maybe a Nep is better because it's more forgiving of water quality.  If she's on public water, she can get a copy of the potability results from the supplier and that'll tell you everything you need to know.  And more.  That area has highly variable water and some of it's awful.

Back