What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are you...

• Thread starter zac
  • Start date
  • Tags
    free
Hey all,

I'm putting together a database/map of the location of as many growers as i can find. If you'd like to be added to the list than feel free to a) post your address b) Pm me your address or c) do either A or B with just your zip/postal code and I can do an approximation. For those not in the USA or CANADA please just tip me off as to your city.

I thought this would be a good thing to have.

GECP21.jpg

GECP22.jpg

GECP23.jpg

GECP12.jpg

GECP13.jpg

GECP14.jpg

I think I know what you are talking about. They did the same thing in another forum I go to. Is this what you are talking about? Map

East Aurora, NY 14052

Similar to that map but a little more precise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zac @ Nov. 10 2005,1:41)]Similar to that map but a little more precise.
I doubt anyone is going to want to be more precise than that..
no one wants their exact street address posted on a public forum..
(its easy enough to find out anyway..why make it too easy? I dont trust people..plants get stolen all the time.
yes..the regular members of this forum are very trustworthy..but anyone can read these messages without being a "regular member"..its wide open to the world!)

for me "Rochester, NY" is good enough.
if anyone wants to know more, they can PM me.

Scot

Maybe there's a way to make it private so that only members can view it?

Richmond, VA 23227
smile.gif

I really don't see what the big deal is.  It would be pretty hard for anyone to figure out where you actually live if you do not give a street name and address. I do not see why you would need a street name and address for your map as that is a little excessive. I am sure that someone down in Texas, doesn't give a rat's a$$ about what my actual address is but rather is only interested in the region in which I am growing my plants.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R2N 1G8

Cheers,
Ravn

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]no one wants their exact street address posted on a public forum..

Make that almost no one. Check out the signature!
There's nothing here people can't find in the white pages.

White pages its the Yellow pages over here
smile_m_32.gif

Bye for now Julian

I'm fine with postal codes or cities whatever your comfortable with sharing. it's just to get a general idea of how many ppl are where.

thx for the ones so far,
Zac

17 Nash Rd.
North Salem, NY 10560

"David from Brooklyn?"
smile_m_32.gif

Max Schaefer
San Francisco, CA 94110

Travis
Newaygo, MI 49337

Wolf Point, MT 59201

not quite the edge of the earth but you can see it from here
smile_n_32.gif

long beach, ca. 90813

so cal representing!

Are you talking about frapper maps? It's a google thing. Pretty cool actually. One of my other forums started one. And it is global.

Frapper Maps

It would be easy to start a map for this forum, and folks could add themselves. Frapper doesn't take anything more precise than a zip code, and if you zoom in enough (street level view is possible), you find your 'pin' is in a random location within that zip code.

I started a frappr already but this one i was plotting on google earth. go to this link

Frappr Map

Back