What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone remember?

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
Yep, I remember that show, It was called Nick Arcade and came on at obscenely early hours on saturday morning(back when I actually liked to get up early)
I downloaded an episode of ledgends the other day, it was as great as I remember it, although I can't help but imagine Michael Jackson popping out and grabbing a kid like a temple guard!

I remember it seeming very serious when I was a kid, but in retrospect, I think it's hilariously campy. Nickelodeon had all of those crazy obstacle course-type gameshows back then, so it all seemed vaugely rational when you took in the programming block as a whole... but after years of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Survivor other such shows, Legends just seems pretty lighthearted and goofy.
~Joe

About the phone cord thing.. I knew a guy who opening his backpack one day during spanish class only to find a very interesting surprise... Some how he'd managed to accidentally take the house phone to school. Those darned things get everywhere!

Ill talk about my tree memories!

My first memories of trees was the single boxelder we had. We lived in a hill in western South Dakota, and I must have been 5. The seeds were magical, and the boxelder bugs provided me with so much entertainment in fall. I would hunt them down and flush them. When we moved to maine we had several 150+ old-growth hemlocks in the backyard of our suburban lots. I remember walking under them and observing the birds flitting through them, climbing the juveniles, and the crunchy cones. My closest memories were with two invasives: a big purple Norway maple and a HUGE winged burning bush pruned into a 10-foot spreading, flat-topped tree. I am uncertain how, because its supposed to be a bush, but this was not. I loved breaking off the wings. The purple Norway maple is close to me because it was just outside my 2 story window and I could listen to the rain pattering on the foliage, amplifying the sound of raindrops x3. Forever now It seems as if rain outside my house is too quiet. And the fallen catkins used to be my pretend caterpillars that would break up easy in my fingers.

Those our my sentimental trees, and I have remembered the magic of these trees as I have grown older. I wouldn’t for the life of me plant those on purpose for a variety of reasons now(besides hemlock) but they are... special in a way that others arnt. Its funny because now i hate maples. But anyway...

Speaking of trees.....When I was about age 12 or so there was this guy who lived across the street. He was a real butthole and had a mean german shepard dog. One of my friends lived behind this guy. He had a huge oak in his back yard, and we used to climb it all the time. One day we were way up in the top of the tree and the butthole guy was in his driveway working on his car. My friend and I had a BB gun up in the tree ( I don't know why we had a BB gun up there in the tree ) and we were taking potshots at the guy's car and his mean dog, and the guy was getting ticked off and looking around for whoever was shooting at his car. I don't think that guy ever found out who did it.

Man, Legends of the Hidden Temple was great!

So was Rocko's Modern Life, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Salute Your Shorts, and What Would You Do?

These toys were some of my favorites: Mighty Max, Creepy Crawlers

oh I remember Are You Afraid Of The Dark!! I used to watch that all the time!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ Nov. 14 2005,6:18)]How about Jolt Cola? "All the sugar and twice the caffeine".
Or when there was no such thing as color TV.
Most airplanes had prop engines.
Milk was delivered to your door. Everyone had an insulated metal box on their porch that the milk man put the bottles in.
Gas was about 25 cents per gallon. Real leaded gas too.
The Ford Falcon was considered a compact car.
You could burn trash in your back yard.
confused.gif

smile_m_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif
Ohhh....jolt cola!

Hey I still burn trash (yes plastic burns,and tin cans rust:)) in my back yard!
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ Nov. 14 2005,6:18)]How about Jolt Cola? "All the sugar and twice the caffeine".
Or when there was no such thing as color TV.
Most airplanes had prop engines.
Milk was delivered to your door. Everyone had an insulated metal box on their porch that the milk man put the bottles in.
Gas was about 25 cents per gallon. Real leaded gas too.
The Ford Falcon was considered a compact car.
You could burn trash in your back yard.
confused.gif

smile_m_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif
Ohhh....jolt cola!

Hey I still burn trash (yes plastic burns,and tin cans rust:)) in my back yard!
smile_l_32.gif

I remember 99c gas.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (unknownclown @ Nov. 15 2005,9:10)]I am dependant on my microwave but since Im old I know how to use an oven and stove too. But why wait 45 minutes for a baked potato when I only have to wait 5 in a microwave. My parents hardly use thiers though and remind me quite often how much better the food is without a microwave.
Yep food stays hotter and tastes better when cooked in a conventional oven:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Nov. 16 2005,4:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yum...vanilla coke....another great soda taken off production. Along with those "flavored" Mountain Dews (I liked the black one)
...dude, vanilla coke and black mountain dew are both still everywhere... o_O
Hmm...I just found some pitch black II for 99cents a case. Score!

I don`t see any original pitch black or vannilla coke though
confused.gif

I'm too young to have experienced any of this.

Anyone remember the Radio Shack computers? I had a Model III with the big floppy disk (5"?) that had the operating system on it.
How about Dark Shadows? A gothic soap opera with a vampire for the main character. There's also Rocky and Bullwinkle which is still being rerun.

Hey what ever happened to Gumby?

Back