What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone remember?

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
how about strawberry short cake...
smile_n_32.gif

anyone remember Bozo the clown or Felix the cat? Or how about the original Batman series?

Flintstones? Top Cat? Magilla Gorilla? Huckleberry Hound? Ricochet Rabbit? Snagglepuss? Popeye? Woody Woodpecker? Jonny Quest? Beanie And Cecil?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Dec. 21 2005,10:33)]Flintstones? Top Cat? Magilla Gorilla? Huckleberry Hound? Ricochet Rabbit? Snagglepuss? Popeye? Woody Woodpecker? Jonny Quest? Beanie And Cecil?
I remember those. Loved the Flintstones, Popeye, and Johnny Quest. The others I didn't get to watch as much of. My dad insisted that us kids "get our butts outside and blow some of that stink off". I think it was so he could watch his shows
icon4.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ Dec. 22 2005,12:08)]anyone remember Bozo the clown or Felix the cat? Or how about the original Batman series?
I certainly do! Then there's Topcat, Toonces the cat, Courageous Cat & Ignats Mouse, Tom & Jerry,....

not too long ago but who remembers clops?

... and Deputy Dawg, Officer Pup, Augie Doggie, Huckelberry Hound, Astro, Tiger, Rin Tin Tin, Beethoven, Lassie, Underdog, Alex, Pete, Columbo's dog, which he named 'Dog',.....
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Columbo's dog, which he named 'Dog',.....

Hey! That's what the AntiChrist named his dog! (Good Omens book... love that!)

Shaving with straight razors? Heathcliff? Atari (mmmm)? That one time at band camp? (rrr, couldn't resist that last one.) Sooooo many shows that I've forgotten about and randomly remember; Hey Dude, Eek! the cat, Ah! Real Monsters, Heathcliff, Felix, Welcome Freshmen, Rocko's Modern Life, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Gumby... Oh the memories, the memories!

My mom got me an Atari console!

"Post a memory of the past!"

Isn't that a tautology?

Oh i remember Felix the Cat and Tom & Jerry... i still have an old Tom & Jerry tape that's like really long... *hasn't watched it since like age 8* I really need to get rid of all my movies... i don't have any movies except for 500 thousand cartoons and Disney movies from when i was little...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Isn't that a tautology?
...*blank stare*...

Not to be confused with an oxymoron, ie Military Intelleigence or efficient goverment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Dec. 27 2005,6:52)]Not to be confused with an oxymoron, ie Military Intelleigence or efficient goverment.
....jumbo shrimp, Microsoft Works, Mars earthquakes, headache in your stomach,....

How about the 12oz. Mountain Dew bottles that said "it"ll tickle your innerds"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Not to be confused with an oxymoron, ie Military Intelleigence or efficient goverment.

Just as e.g. (exempli gratia: "for example") and i.e. (id est: "that is") are not to be confused.
smile_n_32.gif
Everyone always uses the two interchangeably, I just thought I'd clear it up, no insult intended!

My favorite oxymoron was always my prescription beergoggles; while not a linguistic oxymoron, they're a functional incongruity.
laugh.gif

Remember in the movie Renaissance Man when Danny DeVito is trying to teach the kids about oxymorons and Jamal gets mad, thinking Danny was calling the students "Ox-morons"?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ Dec. 28 2005,4:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Not to be confused with an oxymoron, ie Military Intelleigence or efficient goverment.

Just as e.g. (exempli gratia: "for example") and i.e. (id est: "that is") are not to be confused.
smile_n_32.gif
Everyone always uses the two interchangeably, I just thought I'd clear it up, no insult intended!
DUH OH! I thought it was the other way around...sorta....my bad
smile_s_32.gif
laugh.gif
Thanks for the tip Est!

just heard a great tautology on the news...

"convicted felon"

Back