User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you play music cds on your computer?

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Nov. 11 2005,10:05)]Well the thing is there would be no bootleggers if the people who bought the retail CD didn't rip it to their HD and distribute it.
    Bootlegging has been around much longer than home computers and compact discs. Electronic copy protection won't stop the real bootleggers - the ones who sell Christina Aguilara CDs and Charmed boxed sets out of the Philippines for $6 a pop. As long as the media plays on a media player, someone can copy it.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All of these are very valid points and I could write for some time on both sides of the topic. I do create copies of the disks i buy, one for each car, one for home, the copy on my computer, the copy on my Xbox hard drive, and of course... the one for my Ipod. But the main problem I wanted to point out here was the security issue. I take computer security very seriously. But computer security is just like CD copy protection. It will be an ongoing battle. Threats will come out/copies will be made and there will be programs to help protect you/ people will find ways to make copies.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i heard about that from ABSforums. Newest news is that they're temporarily stopped the XCP because comptuer-savvy people were ruining their computers by removing it.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man if sony does that to there discs for there PS3 then they couldn`t be sold used at gameshops! That means you can`t resell them when you`re done with them to buy more games! Oh,well it`s a good thing I`m a Nintendo fan::

I hate that it`s "illegal" to copy cd`s and such. I mean it`s your disk right? I saw on nascar today a disclaimer saying that if you copy the program if you copy it it`s copy right infrigement, which means you may face 5 yrs. imprisionment and a $500,000 fine! For reference Killing someone while driveing drunk only carrys a maximum 2-5yrs. imprisionment in the state of missourii(you learn alot reading those driver guides to get your permit Lol.)! And that was just being picked up through antenna in MY airspace,so in effect there broadcast was trespassing on my property(Though I don`t mind)! Quoteing a Merl Haggard song "Are we rolling down hill like a snowball headed for he**?"
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12