User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Drying roses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone have advise as to how to dry roses to preserve them? i have heard mainly of hanging upside down and letting them dry and putting them in a deep freezer and the freezer (sucks) the moisture out, for a few weeks. which of these works the best? i would prefer a way to save the roses and surrounding flowers and leaves. any other ways? all help is welcomed

thanks

BRad
    thanks for you imput

Brad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone?

thanks

BRad
    thanks for you imput

Brad

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when my uncle died my mother took some of the roses and hung them upside down in a closet. they still have their color and it's like 2 years later now.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually one of the best ways is to use silica gel. You can get that at any hobby store. Its a DRY granular substance that looks kinda like fine salt. Its a dessicant. People use it to dry flowers. You get a container that will fit your flowers; put down a layer of silica gel. Then add your flowers. Pour more gel over the flowers making sure you get them totally covered. You seal the container...leave it for a few days and then you take the flowers out and shake the silica gel off them. This method is supposed to retain the shape and color of the flowers (or ferns, leaves or whatever you want to dry) better than just hanging them to dry.

Hope that helps.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome