Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! electricity leak

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. I need some help too. I got this cheap, 24", 20 watt fluorescent fixture from lowe. I had to got out and buy a two prong adapter since it didn't come with the part that sticks into an outlet. It also mentions that I need to connect a wire to the green screw to ground it. Are you saying that if I buy a 3 prong outlet adapter, I can connect the third ground wire into the third prong? I really need to know today, thanks.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, are you saying that your light fixture doesn't have a plug and cord? Get a three-prong appliance cord from your hardware store. It should have three wires bundled together - one red, one black or white, and one green. Connect the green wire to the green screw, and the red and black/white wires to where ever the instructions say, and you're good to go.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back from lowe, and that's what I did. Thanks [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] .

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

All my lights are 3 prong, all my powerstrips are 3 prongs except for these few: a 3 prong adapter and all my (4) 2 prong fans.
    So, what i did was i disconnected that adapter and all the 2 prong fans. End result was still the same, even with these 2 prongs/adapters unplugged, i checked with my screwdriver (which yes herenorthere checks for electrical current) and there was still electrical current running through.

Is it possible that these 3 pin prongs do not have the 'ground' propelly connected? These lights came from quite a cheap shop and im afraid that they might have done a sloppy job of connecting em'.

Only 3 out of 6 of my shelves have leaking electricity, which is strange. Maybe its the lights afterall?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] friend of mine used to have a bunch of grow lights in a house that only had older, two-prong outlets, and when I went over to his place I would regularly get shocked by excess static or whatever it is that the ground normally carries away.
    That sounds alot like mine! sometimes i get a shock and sometimes a dont.

Thanks guys
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what kind wall outlet are you plugging all of this into? The only type of adapter that should cause this problem is one that takes a three-prong plug and connects it to a two-prong outlet. Or, like herenorthere pointed out, your wall sockets could be improperly wired and ungrounded. It sounds like you should maybe have an electrician look over the whole thing.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh darn... yes all are 3 prong...

But it kinda seems to be the lights, oh well, first ill get a guy to look at the lights, then if nothing changes i'd get an electrician
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12