What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crash! crash! hire!

Well I crashed the van! I took a turn too quick and fell into a ditch. The van was totaled,engine went on fire. Now I`m afraid to drive
smile_l_32.gif
. And besides I wouldn`t since our other vehicle has a stick shift,wich I figure it`s hard enough to drive WITHOUT haveing to have the added woryy of haveing to shift.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Thankfully,no one was seriously injured,though the docs said my baby sister Mary would have died if my mom hadn`t looked back and tightened her carseat belt(Thank God she did!) So anyhow she got a split in the skin on her forhead that required stitches. My mom suffered large bruisings and vertigo for about 2 weeks. My other sister and dad just had scrapes. I didn`t get anything but an emotional jarring.

Well anyhow I was headed back from picking walnuts 2 weeks latter at my neighbors house and the brakes didn`t work on my bike,long story short I woke up 1 1\2 hrs latter not knowing where I was all scraped up. Aparently I hit my nose hard enough to get a concusion or whatever and lose conciousness.

Well I`m hired by Mcdonalds now too:) I go in on the 21st for orientation class. Apparently they pay pretty good,at $6.50 an hr. starting point
smile_k_ani_32.gif
. Hehehe I`m going to save up and hopefully buy a Chevy El` Camino repaint it sparkly royal blue and get a chrome trim added(well that`s my plan anyhow),and hopefully not crash it Lol. Also get to say "Do you want fries with that" and think abot that Tim Mcgraw song in my head Lol.
smile_n_32.gif

So it`s been a pretty exciting month.

Crash proned,
Noah.

Gosh Noah. That's terrible. I'm glad everyone was essentially OK. Things like that happen sometimes. That's why they are called accidents.

And nothing wrong with working at McDonalds. Work is work no matter where you are. It gets you money.
smile.gif
My favorite thing at McD's is their ham biscuits. They are GOOD. But I don't think they serve those everywhere. Maybe its just a southern thing.
smile_l_32.gif

I'm glad you are alright. Too bad about the van though.

Hmm...don`t think I1ll be takeing advantage of Mcdonalds free food for there workers though except for the fruit andyogurt parfait and see about smugleing burgers for my dad(he hopes Lol.)

Lol. My dads saying I`m goingto graduate clown college at orientation class
smile_n_32.gif

Do you remember the all American Deal? A hashbrown and a sausage biscuit for $1? Back when I lived in Ok. I ate those all the time:)

Glad everything is working out ok. I worked at Burger King when I was young, but they didn't have a clown college.

Glad your OK man,

I also worked for the McEmpire. Good times in the drive-thru. That was about 2 years ago and it's not the worst job believe me.

Good luck,
Zac

Ouch, poor sister! I'm glad she's okay! Nice that you're gettin' a job, Noah.

How have you been lately. I've been gone a while, and i don't know if you got the mystery ailment solved or not.

Being a teenager for ya has been rough - and not for the usual reasons! How are you doing otherwise?

Well I`m not doing too bad lately:)

Well I work 29 hrs. this week
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I can now fully understand why my dad complains of a back ache after work;) They have me working almost everything assembly\grill\cooking\food presentation you name it! I mainly work grills though. And I found out the pay was $5.50 not $6.50:s

Zac, yep it isn`t a bad job at all! I like it especialy cooking sausage for breakfast sandwiches:)

Oh bloody hell man!
I just read this post, but still, you're lucky no one was hurt.
I had similar experience a couple of time. Most memorable was when we lived in upstate New York, I was something like 14 I think, and I was driving a van with my baby bro, mom and dad in it. I think I should mention the ice rain a couple days prior to the events, and I was driving downhill... use your imagination
smile.gif
We almost rolled over on the side, but I managed not to lose it and we actually didnt even leave the road... just slided a bit perpendicular to the road lol. I dont know why they always tell you not to hit gas when you're sliding... hitting it saved our lives on more than one occasion (the van only had 2 seats, so others had to sit on the floor
smile_k_ani_32.gif
)
As to working in McD's... I admit never having such experience, however I'm a catering waiter
cool.gif
and I believe catering is better. You get tired yes (had a 14 hour shift once... yep 14 hours straight, it all depends on the size and richness of the wedding), but at least the money is good
smile.gif
and you wear nice clothes rather than... McD's things...

Hey! Mcd clothes are nice! Suit bottom and red top:) Very dressy:):p

Yeah like Tiger Woods but instead of the Nike logo their paying you 80,000,000
to wear you get the golden arches for free.

I also have had a hand in advancing the Micky D's empire. On both sides of the drive through window.

Definately glad to hear the fam's OK.

been in a few minor accidents, no serious injuries but they were scarry as hell. stick is a pain to learn. best way is learning it out in the country, i learned in town.

as to your job, my sister worked there through high school and liked it ok, she had some entertaining times with her coworkers. definatly not the worst job. heck even really good jobs can be crappy because of ppl you work with and even crappy jobs can be a blast 'cause ppl you work with.

I still prefer tuxido over apron
smile.gif

Back