Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: If it seems like i'm shovin it down ur throat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point Suzanne. lol, there are many people here of various faiths. Some believe in prophecy. But this is not prophecy; it is a standard trick of the trade for these alleged psychics. And as an FYI lol, I am not an atheist. You don't have to be an atheist to be discerning and analytical. I'm not looking for a debate here that my religious beliefs provide evidence of 'lack of analytical abilities'. I know that to many, religious belief is anathema to reasoning. Tell that to C.S. Lewis (hint--you have to talk with the dead to do that--call John Edwards, another psychic fraud for help). And if I were an atheist, it would not make my argument less valid. These are just my opinions. When I was younger, I was more inclined to believe in paranormal events. I don't discount them entirely, but this guy really does not seem to possess special abilities. If you want to believe in psychic abilities, that's just fine, but you may want to look for someone with a better track record of specific and verifiable predictions before any one of us idiots are convinced.
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are just creating fire. People will not believe it no matter how hard you try to convince them. That is great you like the guy but come on...
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to know how many were part of a religion and how many were'nt that's all. I was responding more to what Outsiders said in his last post.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm an atheist.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't take a label defined by others.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (lol @ Nov. 15 2005,3:33)]Now you've done it. How many of you are aetheists? Just curious.

Outsiders, surely your not trying to imply that I do not have faith in Christ, are you?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    Before you try placing the heat that is on you onto me, no I wasn't implying that to you but to "people" in general. I honestly don't know where you stand on that issue anyways.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (lol @ Nov. 15 2005,2:01)]If I can rely on him to make predictions on when there will be major disasters, that would allow me to
    1. stock up on gas before prices go up
    2. invest stock in companies that deal in disaster relief, i.e. CAT, Home Depot, etc.
    3. Be weary of whats going on in the world, and remind myself that I shoul ALWAYS be prepared for something bad just in case.
    4. If, for instance, I saw that this storm in the Atlantic could turn into a hurricane and head for us as Turi may have predicted, I would then be able to give forewarning to family in the gulf coast, and tell them to be prepared to have to leave. That way they won't be in the same scramble many others would be in the event that a hurricane heads there way.

If you use your head, there are a lot of ways to use info, no matter how vague you think it may be.
    I would challenge you to buy some stock every time he predicts a disaster in the US and evacuate for a week every time he predicts an earthquake in CA, and then let us know how you fared a year from now, but I don't want you to go bankrupt.

Though if you've done any of these things already please tell us how it's worked out.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say earthquake, I said hurricane, or disaster of similar destructive power. Lets stay on the same island of thought please [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] .

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast