Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: If it seems like i'm shovin it down ur throat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty clear a lot of people here are open to the possibility of people having paranormal abilities. But we're still waiting for Dr. Turi to display some. There's a lot of unrest in the world, usually unreported in the US, and, during just about any three day period, a significant storm will strike a storm prone area and a significant earthquake will occur in a tectonically active area. His vague predictions about such highly probable events demonstrate no special predictive ability. There are reasons to disagree with the old saw that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, but Dr. Turi's results don't even rise to the level of ordinary proof.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like another job for CSICOP.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of us are having a little fun with the topic of Dr. Turi, but I do believe you have the right to your beliefs. If you believe it, more power to you. BUT...remember...your topic title says you are going to "shove this down our throats." That kinda attitude will make people bristle.

Instead of stating you're going to shove this down our throats, how about "Let me share some predictions I believe in"...or something like that. A gentler and kinder attitude is a better route...IMHO.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always in good humor PlantAKiss [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how I took it too, lol. The whole topic of psychic phenomena is popular because it's fun.

Max
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George Noory believes that this fire in CA could be a hit. It has been rather severe with the dryness here, and they've had to push back the time the santa anna winds will die several times. Trust me, it's no fun when the 20% humidity in your house fels 10 times better than the humidity outside [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] . Also, tropical storm/hurricane gamma is slated to head near Florida. Again, Turi predicted natural forces/disaster that would force many people to evacuate their homes and start over somewhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He made this prediction when, last month? Once again it is not "psychic" to predict 1 more hurricane in an already record setting year, with one month left of hurricane season. Why don't you understand that? Also I believe the date he said was Nov. 18th right? Gamma isn't even a Hurricane, it's a 45mph Tropical Storm. It is not going to make many people relocate and start over. Are you that delusional? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can he predict who is going to win the Super Bowl and the final score? That is a BIG EVENT!
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast