What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If it seems like i'm shovin it down ur throat

• Thread starter lol
  • Start date
  • Tags
    risk

lol

BANNED
As most of you know, I have been very impressed with the many predictions of Dr. Turi.  He has been like 99% correct.  In October, this is what he predicted for November.

Nov 7/8/9:Keyword SURPRISE! - Be ready for large explosions, this mean also bombs, volcanoes eruption large earthquakes (Middle East/Japan at risk) and aeronautical accident.

We had those riots in France, plus the bombings in Jordan. Obvious hit.

Nov 18/19/20:Keyword NEW LIFE! - Nature devastative forces will force thousands to relocate. Mother Earth has many ways to show her awesome powers (Russia/US at risk).

And good lord, there is another storm/hurricane brewing in the Atlantic! We shall see how this develops, because most of his predictions similar to this one have turned out to be hurricanes this year, and this hurricane would most likely hit on those dates.

Nov 28/29/30:Keyword DRAMA/DEATH! - Terrorists will be active, the police will make news, expect monetary/sex/secrets and scandals and a famous person to finish his work on earth.

According to him, this date could be really bad. We might be expecting a terrorist attack.

For those of you who still don't believe it, I don't know why
smile_h_32.gif

sex, secrets, and scandals? If that's not fun i don't know what is!

Where are his past predictions that are 99% asccurate?
(and how can we tell they werent written *after* the fact?)

lets see all his predictions for the rest of November, and December.
then we can judge his accuracy on Jan 1st!

Scot

Can't belive this, wanna hear MY predictions?

Somethings gonna happen this month thats BAD!!!
Somethings gonna happen this month thats GOOD!!!

If you belive that vague bs then your gullable enough to belive me, give me a break.

-Rail

All I can say is lol, lol.

Those are all VERY vague "predictions". There are earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, destructive storms and terrorists activities (bombings and otherwise) happening around the world every hour of every day. Even *I* can make predictions like that!

I predict that there will be a suicide bombing in the middle east this week.
I predict there will be devasting tornadoes in the U.S. this month.
I predict that there will be a tragic fire in the U.S. tomorrow.

First of all... show me where he posts all his misses so we can determine his accuracy. Someone genuinely interested in discovering the truth and someone confident in what they're doing would gladly post all of their data, because the data would speak for itself. If he only posts his hits, of course he seems accurate (look up "observational selection"). I'd be more impressed if he were only 70% accurate than 99%, because that would imply a bit more honesty on his part. That would also be the difference between a real doctor and someone who just likes to call themselves that.

Second, like PAK said... how many other blocks of time do the predictions apply to? For example, take the Nov 18/19/20 prediction. Now pretend it's a Nov 8/9/10 prediction. Was it right? Now pretend it's an Oct 28/29/30 prediction. Was it right? Keep going back 3 or 4 months and see how many times it was a hit. I bet it will hit more times than it will miss. Even if he's not a con artist, he just doesn't have information that's useful, and useful is the only measuring stick that counts in this case.

Third... he lists a bunch of events and lumps them together. The last prediction says, "Terrorists will be active, the police will make news, expect monetary/sex/secrets and scandals and a famous person to finish his work on earth." So does that mean all of those things have to happen to make it a hit? What if there is a big terrorist attack... will he call that a hit? What about the other 3 events? If they didn't come true (though these 3 are laughibly generic and happen constantly), wouldn't the prediction only be 25% accurate? Is that really a hit? How many of his predictions work out that way? If he were to always list 3 events and 2 often came true, that's not 99% accurate, it's no better than 60%.

I have some beliefs that would be considered "new age", but as far as I'm concerned most of the new age people out there are just as bad as the christians/muslims/whatever who would rather believe what sounds good to them and who aren't interested in questioning their beliefs. That seems to be how it is with any belief system... the 80-20 rule... there are a small number of philosophers who've really argued and explored the implications of what they believe, and a large number of people who just take what they've been told as truth.

So I'm pleading with you to not let yourself drift toward the latter crowd. The world doesn't need any more of that from any kind of believer. Turi needs to be questioned... and so far he doesn't seem to be holding up very well.

I have been posting his predictions every month, and he's been getting them right every time. He usualy make 3 per month, and all his predictions are made atleast a month ahead of time. This is all documented, and I've heard them myself. I told you guys that he predicted the landfall of every hurricane including katrina and every other one. He usualy predicts major events that affect a lot of people and make big news, such as a giant hurricane that causes thousands to evacuate, a terrorist boming that causes a whole country to rise against the threat of terrorism, announcements that bring an entire city into fear of an attack. He has predicted all of these, and THIS CRAP DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERY DAY. You cannot, you cannot, YOU CANNOT predict such major events down to 3 days a month ahead of time. No scientist or meteorologist is capable of that. I still haven't seen a single one of you repeat what he has done. None of you. You can sit there groping around in the darkness all you want, but until you open your eyes, you'll never be able to see whats true even if its right under your noses
mad.gif
! I'll post the predictions he's made over the last several months (again) since some cant seem to remember.

Sorry, but yes that crap does happen everyday. "but until you open your eyes, you'll never be able to see whats true even if its right under your noses" - sounds like a case of you not heeding your own words.

Predictions made on June 15, 2005-
-Sometime this weekend, June 16, 17, or 18th, 2005—there will be a type of violent natural disaster, resulting in the loss of life. The police will make an announcement about it.
-August 19-20th, 2005--- There will be a bad earthquake or explosion.
-August 29th-30th, 2005—Thousands of people will be forced to relocate.

predictions made on August 29, 2005-
-September 8th— Dramatic news will come from the police, possibly involving a lot of deaths.
-September 17th— In the Middle East, a possible assassination of someone important. In Aruba, new developments in the Natalee Holloway case.
-September 26th—The same energy that produced Hurricane Katrina will arise again, forcing thousands of people to evacuate an area.

predictions made September 21, 2005-
-Oct 5/6/7: Dramatic news involving more death and/or a police announcement.
-Oct 15/16/17: Earthquakes/ volcanoes / tornadoes/ oil and Natalee Holloway
-Oct 22/23/24: A return of a weather-related event such as Katrina/Rita which will force thousands to evacuate

Actualy, his accuracy is just a little below 99%. Check all these dates yourself before you come back and make an argument against me. I wont make a half-assed argument against the skeptics, so don't make half-rear arguments against me or his predictions please.

this amuses me

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He has predicted all of these, and THIS CRAP DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERY DAY. You cannot, you cannot, YOU CANNOT predict such major events down to 3 days a month ahead of time.
Correct.

But that's not what Turi is doing. He's hinting vaguely at a major event, and relying on his listeners to fill in the blanks when an event happens. If Turi says "natural disaster" and a hurricane comes, Turi did not predict a hurricane... and saying so is skewing the facts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I still haven't seen a single one of you repeat what he has done. None of you.
Sorry, but no one has to. The burden of proof sits squarely on Turi's shoulders. That includes those times when the event might have happened somewhere but it wasn't in the news... that ambiguity doesn't count toward his record.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'll post the predictions he's made over the last several months (again) since some cant seem to remember.
That would be much more helpful. If you can, post the news stories too (for every event in the prediction, not just one). If you can even catalog these each month with each prediction attached to each news story (it's not a lot of work since you've been following them anyway... you just need to do a little documenting) you'd have a much stronger case a few months from now. I think it's a worthwhile project.

So, I still don't see where his predictions are so precise... All those predictions are so vauge, and the world is so large; of course you can find an example for any one of them. If you want to see it as true, you can, and that's what this kind of act is all about. An earthquake, or a volcano, or a tornado, or something to do with oil? Think of how likely that is. Earthquakes happen every day. Volcanic eruptions happen several times a year. Hundreds of tornados hit in each tornado area, every season. Every day since Bush started talking about war with Iraq there has been stuff going on with oil. So, any one of those things happen, and you call it right? How could a prediction like that have not come true?
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Nov. 14 2005,2:05)]Actualy, his accuracy is just a little below 99%.  Check all these dates yourself before you come back and make an argument against me.  I wont make a half-assed argument against the skeptics, so don't make half-rear arguments against me or his predictions please.
Again, it's your job to do the checking. Burden of proof is a insert something unpleasant and barely a cuss word that may or may not start with a B but I won't say for sure in the interest of your protection here.

I vaguely remember in the last thread that you posted news stories for some of the events (not all of them) and quite a few of them weren't especially convincing. How is that 99%? If a bunch of people are looking at the exact same data and only one person is convinced... what does that suggest?

You're getting some half-assed arguments, but you're getting some very legitimate ones too. Shouldn't you be addressing the legitimate ones?  

Please don't bypass the cuss filter...

Something good/bad/mediocre will happen in the next day/month/decade
smile_m_32.gif
You can call me Dr.Zac.

honestly, I don't understand how these count as predictions. Let me see some results of those earthquakes that were supposed to hit last month.

Zac
smile_m_32.gif

From oxfam.org.ok:

"Each year more than 30 million people flee their homes a result of war, riots, political unrest, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, typhoons and other forms of conflict and natural disaster. Over 500,000 people are killed in war. For many more, their ability to make a living is destroyed and their families are broken up."

And this guy is vaguely predicting just a FEW bad events on a monthly basis??

I predict there will be snow this winter!
plants will go dormant
some animals will fall into a deep sleep and not awake till spring
and birds will fly south

Actually I'd like to point out that *MY* prediction was dead-on and 100% accurate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I predict that there will be a tragic fire in the U.S. tomorrow.

I posted that YESTERDAY. And today one of the big stories CNN has been covering is a HUGE fire that errupted TODAY in a building containing asphalt I believe. Can't remember the details but it was newsworthy enough to get covered among today's other major news.

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]olcanoes eruption large earthquakes (Middle East/Japan at risk)

There was just a 6. something earthquake off the Japan coast. there are tsunami warnigs out right now.

Back