What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exotica plants

lol

BANNED
Would anyone be interested in doing a group order to exotica around the holidays? Would be a great christmas gift
smile_n_32.gif
!

It sure would be nice if they had a way of looking at what is in stock without having to wade through the hundreds of things they don't have in stock... Pretty good deals though. Have you looked at Wistuba's selection?
Are you thinking before Christmas or after? I don't know if I should start spending on plants before I finish my holiday shopping, heh.
~Joe

I'm in. They have one or two that I want (need.)

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Nov. 22 2005,8:45)]I'm in. They have one or two that I want (need.)

Capslock
It's "need", definitely...
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Cheers

ummm... what is this exotica you speak of?

lol, I think it is only courteous NOT to garner a group order here when it is from another company i.e. other than Pet Fly Trap (Exotic Gardens).  Although there is no hard and fast rule stating that "No one is allowed to garner a order from any company other than PFT", should we not be the least considerate towards the man who financially supports the existence of this forum?

And keep this thread in check 'cos new members who have just joined us may think it is fine to discuss the 'have' and the 'have-nots' of this company and that company, and the 'how cheap' and the 'how expensive'. It IS a free discussion forum but we ought to "Be nice, have fun!" and show some self-restraint.

Anyone who reads this thread, please PM lol for details. We do not monitor PMs.

p.s. Fellow mods who think I am over-reacting, please feel free to edit this post.

The only reason I posted this is becuase the company isn't even in the U.S., and really isn't a direct competitor to petflytrap in any way. This is my only method of finding people willing to split the export costs
smile_h_32.gif

Nothing's wrong with finding people willing to split the export costs. Just that it was not done in a polite manner.
confused.gif

I do not want this thread to set a precedent whereby anyone can come on and ask everyone for a group order outrightly. And when individual plant prices get highlighted here, especially if the plants are already available at PFT, it is no longer nice. No longer discrete.

All I ask is that you make your intention clear here and get the rest to PM their wish list to you. You can continue to use this thread for updates as to how the process of purchase is getting along and when the expected delivery date is.
smile.gif
No issue with that.

My apologies if you think my reply was directed at you but it was not (other than the part about not being courteous). In fact, I did request that you help to keep this thread in check so that things don't get out of hand.

The only purpose of the thread is to see "who" would be interested in doing a group order, so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks Cindy
smile.gif

smile.gif
All the best for your christmas gift!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Nov. 22 2005,9:14)]The only reason I posted this is becuase the company isn't even in the U.S., and really isn't a direct competitor to petflytrap in any way.  This is my only method of finding people willing to split the export costs
smile_h_32.gif
Thats what I am also saying, we are comtemplating this now.

It's true that all the plants we're looking for are pretty much only available overseas - given that we're addicts and have every common plant available already. But you know, all us regulars probably don't say it enough, but people should know that we all support PFT and recommend buying from this site if it's a plant they carry.

To this day, by far my best VFTs came from the good people here, and my biggest nepenthes came from here as well. If PFT carries it, BUY IT HERE! Plus, they give us this forum, where we now live. Thanks Petflytrap.com!!!

Capslock

Yes, we all love petflytrap for their controbutions to the cp community! Haunustly
smile.gif
. This is the best all around place to communicate with other cp growers, veterans and newbs alike
smile.gif

With that said, I hope no one minds my asking for a collaberative overseas order. You can delete the topic if need be. But, if anyone else is still interested in doing the group order, just pm me, or email me at standforme2002@yahoo.com , prefferably before the 5th of December. Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]With that said, I hope no one minds my asking for a collaberative overseas order. You can delete the topic if need be. But, if anyone else is still interested in doing the group order, just pm me, or email me at standforme2002@yahoo.com , prefferably before the 5th of December. Thanks.

That's gentlemanly and well-mannered. Thanks.
smile.gif

Ok, no more openings
smile.gif

Back