What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have you invested in?

• Thread starter nrbelex
  • Start date
the company matches i think up to 6%.  12% comes from my paycheck biweekly.  so out of that amount i have 52% on the nordstrom company stock and i have about 10 others that i put money into. i think two of them are like "banks" that money doesnt get invested to but i think i get some interest in it, small, but who cares.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Nov. 29 2005,7:25)]Investing in the company you work for can be good, especially if there's a match by the company. But, if the company tanks, you can lose your job and investment at the same time. So be sure to diversify.

As for ETF's, I think they're best suited for people who move large chunks of money at a time. Many mutual funds allow you to add modest amounts monthly or biweekly without additional cost. The brokerage fees for doing that with an ETF would chew up a lot of your investment.
Hmmm - Good to know. Thanks!

~ Brett

Back