What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

this is boardering on cruel & unusual.............

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
exactly 1 week ago at exactly this time of the day it was 60 degrees, can anyone guess what the temp is at this moment............anyone?.................anyone at all?....................
ITS FREAKING -8!! thats just mean.......................

Yo man! If you lived in Florida, I might be shocked...but you live in Montana!! LOL
smile_n_32.gif

lol true, but still its cruel. we went from 50 degrees and bare, unfrozen ground to 15 degrees and 4 inches of snow overnight

lol..i believe yankton, south dakota has the world record for the fastest change in tempeture..idk exactly what is was but.. it is in the GBWR if anyone wants to look..genis book of world records...

thanks

bRad

I agree with JBL - I'm surprised it was 60 in Wolf Point a week ago, not that it's -8 today. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that's the first time I ever saw Yankton, SD and world record mentioned in the same sentence.

yeah i was hunting in a tee-shirt at the end of Novemeber, really odd. the oddest one though was about 6 or 7 years ago and it was 60 degrees for a few days between Dec. 29 and Jan. 2, that time of year, when you figure wind chill -40 is more normal.

lol nice herenorthere..lol..i THINK is was yankton but maybe it was a different town in sd..but in KNOW it is in SD..sry i had to brag about my state..lol

thanks

BRad

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ITS FREAKING -8!!

Perfect for your highland neps....they like a little dip in night-time temps, right?!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 01 2005,4:53)]exactly 1 week ago at exactly this time of the day it was 60 degrees, can anyone guess what the temp is at this moment............anyone?.................anyone at all?....................
ITS FREAKING -8!! thats just mean.......................
It's 58 Deg F in Houston TX right now.

hee hee

ha.....ha...........ha............ keep it up Scott and ill make a trip down to TX just to visit you and to sprinkle capensis seed in ALLLLLLLLLLLL your cp pots
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 02 2005,12:34)]ill make a trip down to TX just to visit you and to sprinkle capensis seed in ALLLLLLLLLLLL your cp pots
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
ROFLMAO!!! Thats to funny..
Its still snowing here total white outs at time, cant even see down the stinkin 2 track driveway at times. JR says hes done snowblowin for the day no matter how deep it gets.. LOL!!!!!!

Heres our weather for the next few days. They say feels like 8* it sure does at times.
smilie4.gif

http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:USMI0838

Geez...that's a TAD chilly Rattler. lol Our warm weather is gone but its not too bad. Its probably in the 40s outside right now. I found an old blanket this morning and tossed it in Ollie's doghouse. He's flattened all the other bedding in there. I'm not looking forward to really cold weather because leaving Ollie unattended in the house will be...dangerous.
confused.gif

PAK!  You make Ollie sleep in the doghouse???  Awwww...Poor little puppy must get cold and lonely.

Hunting in a T-shirt in November, I know how you feel Rattler! You know something is wrong when you walk into your spot and you're already sweating like you just got done with a big deer drag!
smile_m_32.gif

lol Nooooo Jan. He sleeps with me, of course.
smile.gif
And I might add he gets all the good spots and I have to adjust around HIM. He also does not like to wake up in the morning...he keeps sleeping while I take my shower. He is however outside all day. So far we have not had any severey cold days (since we are having such freakishly warm weather). The blankets in the doghouse are for the colder days. When it gets REALLY cold I'm not sure what I'm going to do. He would destroy my house if left alone all day inside and I hate to crate him all day. So hopefully he can get by outdoors during the daytime with the blankets. I don't want him turning into a pup-sicle.
smile.gif

Yesterday was chilly here. It was 56 in house last nite. Ugh! But today its warm again and I have the back door open. I'm enjoying the warm weather for heating-bill reasons but...I'm starting to crave some snow. I heard their might be a "wintery mix" tomorrow nite.

yankton is not too far from me. are ya SHURE its not... uh... somewhere closeby?
smile.gif

ah yes zip feed tower- a true landmark. a shame

cheer up! winter is 20% over already!!
laugh.gif

(one month down..four months to go)

Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Dec. 05 2005,10:47)]cheer up! winter is 20% over already!!
laugh.gif

(one month down..four months to go)

Scot
4 months? depends on when you consider what counts as winter ending. when the ground thaws and there are no more frosts and there is no more snow, dont much care what the calendar says. for me that can be anywhere from the end of March to the first week of June. heck last year the first day of spring was on a tuesday and the first day of summer was friday that same week
smile_n_32.gif
......................not to far from the truth either

Back