What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any bogs in the Rochester area?

I was wondering if anyone in the Rochester (northern New York) area knows of any bogs where I can view some dews or pings? I already know of one in Mendon Ponds Park where there is S. purpurea. I wanna try to take some pics of the plants.

Many thanks,
-Ben

east northern new york and around lake chaplain thay have marshy areas with utricularia.

Just FYI, there is no Pinguicula in New York anymore, at least in the well known areas in which they once were. Regards, from just North of Watertown ;)

Ya mean all the pings died?

Not died, just extripated, or the climate changed I guess. I'm no Pinguicula expert by any means, but I do not know why it is no longer in NY state. contact tamlindd@yahoo.com, he may be able to help you out.

there are pings in NY state.
in the finger lakes region.
but they are in an area that is not acessible by mere mortals.
they are high on a cliff wall.
there were spotted and photographed by Cornell University students doing a study on Geology a few years ago.
they climed up with ropes and lots of safety equipment.

so yes, they exist, but we cant see them..

Scot

Ah man! That stinks...say, scottychaos, you live in Rochester. Do you know of any bogs?

Back