Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats wrong...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they should make a law forbidding women to drive anything, even a bike. Can you imagine the percentage by which accidents will decrease? Less accidents = lower insurance [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Oh and also, maybe 3-4 months ago, I was going home from work, saw cops surrounding a car service car... the driver was dead (eigther bullet in the head or someone cut his throut, I'm not sure)
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Dimka @ Dec. 04 2005,3:03)]I think they should make a law forbidding women to drive anything, even a bike. Can you imagine the percentage by which accidents will decrease? Less accidents = lower insurance [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    In the UK women are the better drivers. we even have insurance companies that will only take women drivers because they are a lower risk. They tend to stick to speed limits and obey the rules of the road, unlike males who think they are the best drivers in the world and can afford to take risks. So us women are not usually involved in that many accidents, we see plenty in the rear view mirror though [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I think they should make a law forbidding women to drive anything, even a bike. Can you imagine the percentage by which accidents will decrease? Less accidents = lower insurance [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Well, take some 50% of drivers off the road and of course there'll be less accidents. Oh, that wasn't what you meant? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Dec. 04 2005,10:03)]Thank the War on Drugs for clogging the legal system with fairly harmless offenders and leaving a real menace like your neighbor free to injure or possibly even kill people. I think drug use is bad for the individual & for society, but it's sheer insanity to fill jails with pot smokers while freeing the drunks.
    Wow I guess CT must be hardcore on pot. Around these parts individual's caught with pot get nothing more then a citation like you would get for a traffic ticket, and the pot is confiscated. No jail time for pot smokers around here. You would be better off being caught with pot in your vehicle then an open can o'beer.
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't just the users, it's also the small time dealers and small time burglars and so on. I'm not defending any of them, but where's the sense of proportion when someone caught with 4 oz of pot is locked up as a dealer and a drunk driver is released over and over.

I think CT has the most severe drug penalties in the northeast, but gives a lot of leeway to the prosecutors and judges. Which, of course, means suburban white kids can do some community service and their records are cleared. If they were even prosecuted in the first place.

CT also boosts the penalties for a drug arrest within 1500 ft of a school or day care. There are few, if any, spots in my section of town or neighboring Hartford where someone wouldn't be within 1500 ft of one. Out in the pricier neighborhoods and suburbs, much more can happen 1500 ft beyond the nearest school or day care.

So CT prisons are full of young city residents while drunks drive back to their suburban homes after happy hour.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds to me as if someone feels the system is slightly racist?

I guess I dont understand how your state works, but both crimes (OWI 1st & Possession of Marijiuania) are both misdemeanors which means that the judge and prosecution are allowed the same leeway in both cases. Crime is crime, and in this situation the law finds both to be equally as bad (thus they classify them both as misdemeanors). Obviously some people don't see the problem with possession and use of pot.

Most states have increased pentalties for drug use within a limit of schools and daycare centers. Simple way to avoid these increased pentalties are not to break the law.
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I think they should make a law forbidding women to drive anything, even a bike. Can you imagine the percentage by which accidents will decrease? Less accidents = lower insurance
    I think a better idea would be to make people re-take their driver's test every 5 or 10 years. How many old people are there on the highway going 40 because "they're scared to go faster?" Sheesh. They don't get in many accidents, but they sure CAUSE more that their share.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The poor bear the brunt of the law no matter what their skin color is. But the key point I was making was that an average drunk seems a bigger threat than an average drug offender.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12