Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Here goeas another one

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no reason to say that metallic elements can't exist in monatomic form, but there is also little reason to make the claim that this is a new phase of matter. I also still don't see any reason for the claims of medicinal effects. The claims made just don't make sense; supposedly some sort of 'alchemic' chemistry is supposed to work on these ORMEs, at slower speeds and rates than in 'ordinary' chemistry, and yet that somehow makes ORMEs powerful healing devices and superconductors? It says here that "It has been observed that the valence electrons of monatomic elements are unavailable for chemical reactions. This means that monatomic atoms are chemically inert and have many of the physical properties of ceramic materials." It also says that "In general, a metallic element is physically stable and is a relatively good conductor of both heat and electricity and is usually chemically active. (Metals typically rust and/or corrode.) To the contrary, monatomic atoms of the same element behaves more like a ceramic in that they are generally poor conductors of both heat and electricity and are chemically inert." Then how does it heal your DNA, fight AIDS and display superconductivity?
    Besides, ceramic compounds are polymers, or at least not monatoms, so the whole thing is full of misnomers.
    ~Joe

PS - Possibly not true, Nep_grower; many chemically identical polymers can exist in different phases under the same conditions, if they are formed differently. Also, I think that suspensions and gels may dispute that generality. But in any event my guess is that David Hudson named it a new phase of matter when it really isn't.
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (lol @ Dec. 09 2005,1:44)]There would and is obviously OBVIOUSLY OBVIOUSLY OBVIOUSLY OBVIOUSLY OBVIOUSLY OBVIOUSLY OBVIOUSLYOBVIOUSLY OBVIOUSLYOBVIOUSLY OBVIOUSLY , and should be blatantly obvious that there is a difference between a single helium atom and a single gold or heavy metal atom. Lord....
    The article you posted claims 'monatomic' is a new phase of matter. I am telling you that helium (as well as all the other noble gases) is a monatomic element in its natural state. Now, is helium an example of a new, hitherto unknown state of matter?

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't call monoatamic gold a new phase of matter myself, but rather a dif state. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_(matter)

The last source of information that I posted is lengthy, but take a very good look into how we might more properly define these substances.
    http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/what.htm

Try reading that, and then we shall continue [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (lol @ Dec. 09 2005,2:08)]I wouldn't call monoatamic gold a new phase of matter myself, but rather a dif state. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_(matter)
    The two are synonymous. Maybe you should read the link you posted?

You are obviously ignoring the logical arguments I have put forward, preferring instead to make up your own definitions and theories.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    State and phase are synonymous with respect to matter. Also, take a look at this:
    Quote[/b] ]Because the valence electrons of monatomic atoms are unavailable, the atoms are unidentifiable. To detect a monatomic element requires that you first convert it from its monatomic state to its normal state to allow the element to be detected with conventional instrumentation. As a result, this phase of matter has existed as a stealth material right under the noses of scientists without detection until very recently.
    This is a baldfaced lie. You don't need to do jack with valence electrons to use spectroscopy to determine the elemental composition of matter. This statement might have been true 80 years ago, 60 years before David Hudson came along, but it is certainly not true of chemistry for the last half a century. There is no way we would have missed something this simple. This is what all these, "Nobody is studying it." claims are based on, and it's the weakest part of the story yet. I'm sorry, but you need to post a link from a credible source dated since 2000 before we continue. You have given nothing empirical to support your claim. You've read all these papers, so scroll down to the bibliography and tell us where the primary information came from. I'm tired of wading through all this mystical alchemy hoopla in search of studies that I know aren't there.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your not going to convince anyone any differently than they already believe, so you may aswell stop trying.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You already posted that and it's already been picked apart. It is pseudoscience of the highest order.