Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Here goeas another one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why the new age movement is sexy... it's the underdog... the anti-establishment... the "real" truthseekers.

But people are people. It follows the 80-20 rule like anything else might (in fact I'm starting to think it's more like 95-5). There are as many people who can't use their brains in the new age realm as there are in the realm of traditional religions. For every snake-handler, flat-earther, and flood-geologist, there's a new age equivalent out there... making the same logical errors and spreading just as much bunk and pseudoscience.

I'd rather hang out with a vatican theologian (who at least has a philosophical background) than half of the new-agers I've come across. The things that come out of some people's mouths just make me cringe.

Anyway, this isn't about the ORME stuff... just gripes in general. I just want to remind people that no belief system is safe. No matter what area of thought you gravitate towards, you're still going to spend most of your time sifting through crap. People aren't inherently correct just because they're rebelious truthseekers... people aren't more enlightened just because they're "outside the box". Sometimes open-minded means your brain has fallen out.

"A little information is a dangerous thing."
    "There's nothing more dangerous than a fool with a cause."
    Etc etc...

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, but rest assured, I am NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT a new ager [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] . I don't even know what they stand for [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] . And believe more, I spend more energy in thought than I do moving around. I am constantly thinking and rethinking my beliefs and theories, as well as those of others. I don't want to sound egotistical, but I think I do a pretty good job of being able to differentiate BS from what's factualy sound. I see NOTHING as being black and white, which requires me to look at every aspect of everything, and be willing to throw away the wrong pieces, and put together the right ones. It's an evolving learning process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you're promoting/quoting a number of them. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, here's how you can easily and convincingly back this stuff up.

Take the stuff.

That's it. It's really that simple. Why waste time arguing when you could just show us results?

Take the stuff and document what it does for (or to) you. See if it cures all of those things they claim it cures. Hopefully you don't have AIDS or cancer, but you can find people who do and observe their progress (being prepared to accept the consequences if it makes them worse).

And if you start to get the following benefits out of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The gifts that go with this are: perfect telepathy, you can know good and evil when itís in the room with you, you also can project your thoughts into someone elseís mind. You can levitate, you can walk on water, because itís flowing so much light within you that you literally donít attract gravity. And when you understand that when you exclude all external magnetic fields, when you exclude gravity, you are no longer of this space time. You become a fifth dimensional being. You can literally think where you would like to be, and go there. Just disappear. You also have other attributes that they go into. You can heal by the laying on of hands, and can cleanse and resurrect the dead within two or three days after they died. You have so much energy that you can literally embrace people and bring light and energy back into them.
    ... then I'll be the first in line to buy some.

This was the problem in the Turi discussions... it was all words. When we looked for ways to make the predictions useful, that's when they really fell apart, in my opinion.

So take the stuff (being ready for both the benefits and the consequences), and let us know what happens.

Putting more energy into thought than into moving is both good and bad... this is where it's bad. If you want people to be convinced, do it with action.

Would you take advice on how to become a millionaire from someone who wasn't a millionaire? And if you didn't, would you put much stock in their claims that you weren't being open-minded?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said endparenthesis.

I'd have to see some real scientific evidence, publication, journal or current research being done by a reputable source in order to even start believing this. Alot of the information that I could find came from a bunch of ".com" sites which aren't even acceptable references at my uni.
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Results of using ormus with plants-

http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/plants.htm

http://www.rhinoed.com/our_research.htm

When I get my stuff (even though what I ordered is not pure white powder of gold), I will test it out on my N. ventricosa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say "no" to any of the claims made in the prior three pages.

~ Brett

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should be getting my stuff soon, so I will be detailing any physical problems I have as well as taking before and after photos.
    I would also like to point out that scientific theory is that which can be proven with experimnetation, which is what many of the sites you see are doing. Links to deeper "scientific" research-

http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/...h/research.htm

I know there are some who wont understand it unless some "science" guy comes on the T.V. and say it in plain English. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] Point is, this is real research, and you're not going to accept it until everyone around you does, which is not a healthy way to go about life.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast