Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rassinfrassin rodents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think it'll hurt the plants, but I'd remove the feces as soon as possible... for my own sake [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I dont think it'll hurt the plants, but I'd remove the feces as soon as possible... for my own sake
    lol Yup! I mean, the plants get pooped on in nature, and chances are it'll get washed away at some point so the plants shouldn't really be in any danger unless you intend on leaving the feces there as a monument to the event. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feel bad, scupbucket. Can't have mice running around indoors!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, scupbucket.
    I can really appreciate your feelings. I had a problem with rats a couple months ago. They found their way into my greenhouse and the nectar on Nepenthes was especially to their liking. Chewed up many pitchers and the new growth on N. macrophylla! (It survived) They also left droppings everywhere. I was amazed how they jumped from one hanging basket to another.

Anyway I killed them with traps and haven't seen any more signs for a couple months. (There was construction nearby and pretty sure they originated there. Thankfully, none entered the house. My wife said "I see a rat - we're moving!"
    KPG
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa, last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    geez you guys got off easy, well except for maybe the rats KPG had. did yah know mice like Epiphytic Utric tubers? and are quite enthusiastic about digging to get them? f#$%ing mice..............
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont know if the poop will act like a fertilizer
    \"Nepenthes, the Devil's Cup\" - Santos
    Updated 5/27/06 Grow/Want List
    Updated 4/4/06 My Nepenthes Photo Album
    Feel free to call me @: (562)528-6223 - seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I know is that living critters are usually more a problem than dead ones! It took me two years to get the starlings that nested under my balcony evicted. Yuck! The mess they made of the patio was disgusting!

Over the years I've had many things crawl up or crash into/onto my patio to die. Songbirds, mice, a duck, a neighborhood cat... I feel like I'm working my way up the food chain here. But in the long run the dead ones did far less damage than the living ones!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Dec. 06 2005,1:43)]Don't feel bad, scupbucket. Can't have mice running around indoors!

Capslock
    I know but I personify things too much. Maybe I've seen too many cute holiday cartoons. Something like a mice family or something that teaches us the meaning of togetherness for the holidays... then WHAM! Broken neck and eyes bulging out of the skull. Heh... heheh. Actually it would be twisted funny.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast