What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sergeant's test

• Thread starter Copper
  • Start date
I can not believe it myself, but after the two written test and the two essays I am in first or second place for the sergeant's position, probably second. First would then be a grumpy old fart that I consider one of my better friends. To my understanding the rest are way behind the two of us. Wish me luck on the oral boards on Friday.

Remember the meeting for the NASC tomorrow night at 8 central.

That's great. Is a promotion completely based on tests?  That's something I've never understood about police promotions when the inevitable controversies make it to the newspaper.

The promotions are based on a large civil test for sergeants (40%), a city based test (much smaller 10%), two essay questions (10%), Oral Boards (where they have at you 40%). That is our testings process anyway. The Chief can pick from the top three.

Not coming from the US of A, I was just wondering what is the position of a sargent in your unit?

Good luck Rose, I'm "rooting" (
smile_n_32.gif
pun intended) for ya.

Zac

Good luck Rose! Be careful when you dip yourself in rooting poweder zac...
smile_m_32.gif

The best of luck to you! We know you can do it!

Good luck! I sure hope you get chosen. You'd be a great sergeant.
smile.gif

It must suck waiting to hear the results.
confused.gif

guqin, sergeant is a rank above corporal but below lieutenant. Each rank has different responsibilities, with those responsibilities increasing as you go up in rank, especially when "staff-" is added on.

Yeah man.

go copper!

MAN! WOTTA TITLE! Sergeant/President Rose Carnicopper Copper Witt. WHEW!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

We will see. The orals are now finished as well. The list comes out on Monday. The Chief will then interview the top three and pick from those.

fingers are crossed

Copper! I asked my magic eight ball, and it said the prospects are excellent! Trust the eight ball!

Back