What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals

As I'm approaching finals next week, I'm finding it harder and harder to stay focused. At least I have my CPs to provide a nice study break every once and a while. I'm very ready for my classes to be over! Winter break will be sweet, that's for sure.

Anyone else feeling the burnout?

I feel for you buddy, I just got done with my last final today. All I have left to do is turn in a portfolio of my work. Huzzah!
~Joe

I'm nearly 40 and I still have "finals" dreams.

Capslock

Pffft, I don't study.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Dec. 08 2005,4:51)]I'm nearly 40 and I still have "finals" dreams.

Capslock
Me too! Not only that, I have these episodes of struggling to find the classroom as well as be able to read my notes.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hey, a word to the wise... when you get your day's classnotes... spend 5 or 10 minutes, a few times a day, everyday. By the time your individual exams come due - you're ready. And you don't forget the material the day after. Not only that, you don't forget the material for the final or regents exams. Reinforcement is a wonderful thing! I applied this and I still remember useless facts that I will never use in real life..... and.... I always had plenty of time for ping-pong, chess, pool, tennis, football,.......

That's good advice Jim. If only I had the dicipline to do that
smile_n_32.gif

After class I'd much rather play Xbox than go over my notes. I'm such a good student. Haha!

Lol. Why are you staring at me?! I'm not using my notes as mulch! *slowly creeps away.....*

Hey, long time no talk Ben! I had to reformat my computer and in the process I lost Yahoo Instant Messenger. I'm going to download it again soon.

How are your plants doing?

My livida is spreading, and my baby cape has just digested a fly, and my Nepenthes is still growing pretty slow. And a weird thing is that my D. capensis 'Narrow's new leaves are curling backwards as they grow. Kinda strange. Looks healthy though, so maybe I have a cultivar!

Sorry to hear 'bout your computer. I was wondering why you never appeared on YIM.
smile_n_32.gif

oh man, am I feeling the burnout.

I've already taken two of my finals. I barely studied for them since I've been sick as a dog all week.

yeah. I'm tired.

Feelin' ya, dude! For me, the magic all starts tomorrow morning with my horticulture lab practicum, which is going to be about 90% of the way to impossible.
Calc is going to be "ouch", Marketing and English will be (respective) pieces of cake, and Gov will be "ouch."

My government teacher doesn't even make questions that make sense. Good luck to everyone!

yeah, good luck guys! =)

what year are you all, and what majors?
I'm a senior, biology major/art and spanish minors

I just stayed up all night doing my lab report for my nursery management class. I still have a 20 pager to write this weekend and a Botany final on Tuesday. I am a Senior at University of Florida majoring in Environmental Horticulture with a minor in Art History. Good luck everyone. I am going to bed now, goodnight.
-Nick

I'm glad I only have finals at the end of the year!
smile_n_32.gif

I have finals on monday and wednesday. For my math one, I just need to get 6 answers right to pass with a C and on wednesday I have my writing objective exam. I'm majoring in computer science, haven't picked a minor yet.

I'm in my fifth semester at my local community college and I'm transferring to a Cal State in January. My tentative major is Music Education but that will more than likely change within the next year. I would love to work in the video game industry but I don't know what major would be best to have to break into that field...

There are several colleges like Full Sail that have something to do with video games and some colleges even have something to do with the video game industry. I'm taking computer science, because I want to program video games
smile.gif

Ah, that's very cool Omar! I think I've heard of Full Sail...

...I also have thought about majoring in Computer Science in order to get a job in the video game industry. The thing that's scaring me away from that major is all the math you have to take. I SUCK at math!

How about I major in Computer Science and I'll send you all my math homework to do?! I have plenty of CPs to trade for your efforts!
smile_n_32.gif

Meh, I need time to spend with my friends :p and I can't wait until I get physics, so I can use my pick-up line. :p Besides, I'm not good at math either, I'm average with science and english is too easy.

Back