Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: optical dillusion

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...I don't think its really working that way. If you cover up ALL the dots but one, you will still see it alternate between pink and green. That's no optical illusion...that's actually changing colors. There IS a real green dot.

However, its true that if you stare at it the pink ones disappear. That part IS an optical illusion.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the dots never turn green. They simply flicker on and off. What you perceive as green is an after image of the magenta (like a negative of it). Just another part of the illusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Nep_grower @ Dec. 14 2005,1:43)]Actually, the dots never turn green. They simply flicker on and off. What you perceive as green is an after image of the magenta (like a negative of it). Just another part of the illusion.
    Wow... you're right! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. I'm mixed on this. It does appear to turn green for a fraction of a second after the pink turns off. Cover up all but one to see. Hmmm.

In any case, the pink disappearing after staring for a while is a very good illusion. (Didn't I post this here a month or two ago?)

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the gif apart in a photo editor, in no frame is there any green.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Dec. 14 2005,4:34)](Didn't I post this here a month or two ago?)

Capslock
    Yes you did...but I...can never...get enough...green dots. Must have more...must give all plants now to GAWD_oOo and not Capslock!

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet, if thats what it does I'm making it my avatar.

N9112 Otter Lane
    Neshkoro, WI 54960 [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is awesome
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12