What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

owned!

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
this cracked me up!
laugh.gif

7f09799f.jpg

hehe, kinda funny. I have a few problems with it.
First, I don't think it is true. (although I do like the sound of a rotary sometimes)
Second, I hate the phrase "owned" it is very 12 year old
Third, I don't think most people will understand it.

I don't get it, and I'm an old guy who acts like a 12 yo. But many 12 yos are very sharp and will get it...I guess
confused.gif

I dont get it either..
its supposed to be a shark and an anchor?
if so, I dont know what "owned"" means..

its supposed to be rotary engine and a "regular" engine?
then I still dont understand what "owned" means..

Scot

Owned is just another way of saying I beat you, like I owned you at basketball or whatever. I don't get the picture either :p

ummm whats with the picture? I dont get it...

lol Add me to the "I don't get it" club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Third, I don't think most people will understand it.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
 wow i didnt know there were gonna be this many people!
blues.gif

*does not get it*

As an abuser of the phrases "owned, pwned, and PWN3D" I understand it. Basically the picture is proclaiming the superiority of the rotary engine over the piston driven engine. If you notice the rope is tied into a noose and is lynching the piston. The rotary engine part is doing the lynching (the owning).

Heh, a buddy of mine made that pic a few years ago.  Last I heard he was trying to get it on Jones Soda.  Oh and yes, the Rotory will always own the piston
smile.gif
all of you that "don't get it" will never get it and should just avoid this thread.

-Rail

Rotaries don't own piston engines.  They're scarce on the roads and I don't know if Mazda is even selling rotary engine cars in the US these days.  I think emissions standards aren't kind to them.  And, other than for SCCA drivers, racers haven't flocked to rotary engines either.  But my mechanical genes say rotaries are awesome and, for producing a lot of horsepower out of a tiny engine, they're unmatched.

Rotary's have been proven winners in every motorsport possable and yes, Mazda sells the rotary engine RX8 in the U.S., they will have a rotary Miata along with a rotary SUV in the near future. If you step foot in Japan you will see that the kings of racing are the Skyline and the RX7. I dont have anything against pistons, I just prefer rotarys. I have a house and garage full of 'em and I always want more. To me they are like CP's, I must get more.
smile.gif

-Rail

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Dec. 16 2005,3:30)]Rotaries don't own piston engines.  They're scarce on the roads and I don't know if Mazda is even selling rotary engine cars in the US these days.  I think emissions standards aren't kind to them.  And, other than for SCCA drivers, racers haven't flocked to rotary engines either.  But my mechanical genes say rotaries are awesome and, for producing a lot of horsepower out of a tiny engine, they're unmatched.
smile_l_32.gif

WTH?
are you serious? the rx-8 ring a bell? i cant belive nowa days on a 1.3L rotary engine, you get some over 250hp on a NA engine. the second gen rx7 produce some 180 at the most(i dont know how much the gtus made) and the same 1.3L engine.

Is it possible for people to 'thing'?

Sorry couldn't resist!
smile_m_32.gif

Who cares? Everybody likes what they like, and that's the way it works. Whether it means anything of any importance----I doubt it. Just doesn't matter.

Engine type doesn't matter?!! To a motor head it does. :-D

Back