What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mandrake

I discovered about this plant a while ago, I think I was looking at cyptozoology or something and they referenced this plant and mentioned how the roots look like a human figure. I looked at some pics of this plant, and found only a few root pics, and it's really eerie. Just another reason why I want one :p. Does anyone grow this plant or know where I can purchase it? Its hard to find stuff about in google, since most of the links have something to do with linux. Mandrake
Here's a site of them, I doubt this is real, but the only pic I can find.

Ninja edit: The site is fake, some harry potter fan site. But, I am still interested in this plant
smile_n_32.gif

The latin name is Mandragora officinalis. Try davesgarden.com.
Best luck,
~Joe

Oh, whoops. Lol. I didn't see that.
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben

IF u libve in a medeteranian climate, you may bet better off with M. Officinarum.

" For centuries, manrake has been known as a 'hexing herb', a reputation gained partially from its hallucinogenic properties and from its vaugly humanoid tooy. The physical effects of eating a mandrake root include a deadening of pain and loss of bodily sensation"

Mandrake perfers a warm, shelterd position in deep, fertile, well-drained soil. I resents disturbance of its roots and is slow to reestablish when transplanted. Not showy

Isn't Mandrake also known as ginseng?

Two different names for two very different plants

if anyone will send me dried root, i'd be very interested.

Back